Looking for any fun and cheap holiday ideas for a childfree holiday

(4 Posts)
eggsinthefridge Thu 21-Jan-16 20:40:06

I have been inspired by a friend who has packed in her life and went travelling for 5 months in Australia! It made me think how little of the world I have seen, so I am thinking of planning a trip for myself and my husband this summer, possible in May.

Budget is somewhat limited, but I am open to anything. I was looking into Luxembourg for a couple days, before travelling by train to Belgium or Switzerland. Then possibly onto the Netherlands. I also considered doing a driving tour of Ireland. So nothing too far away from the UK!

Myself and my DH don't have children yet, so nothing too catered for families.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I don't have a lot of money to play with, but really am looking for a really exciting trip.

mouldycheesefan Fri 22-Jan-16 08:00:47

Luxembourg and 'exciting trip' I wouldn't put in the same sentence!
What is your budget and how long can you go for?
Do you gphave to stay in Europe?

eggsinthefridge Fri 22-Jan-16 17:56:15

Oh is Luxembourg not exciting? To me, it seems like such a different country, its just so tiny! It's always interested me and I've wondered what it's like to visit.

After speaking with DH, budget is very limited. He doesn't want to spend a lot of money, and he is hopefully changing jobs soon so doesn't want to book anything that will mean a lot of time off. Now my exciting, multi-country trip might be pushed to next year! I think Summer 2016 is going to be a weekend away close to home.

mouldycheesefan Sat 23-Jan-16 22:30:11

When you change jobs you are still eligible for holiday. The trip you mention could easily be done in two weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now