Italy hotel recommendation

(5 Posts)
thewalrus Wed 20-Jan-16 13:13:11

Hello!
We (family of 5, kids aged 7-10) are driving from South of France down through Italy and will need to do an overnight stop somewhere - I'm thinking probably in San Remo to Genoa area. Any hotel recommendations? I'm thinking functional rather than fancy (on long car journeys in France we tend to stay in Premiere Classe or similar), though happy to consider fancy if anyone has any great suggestions!
Thanks.

SJane45S Mon 25-Jan-16 15:14:17

hotelmodusvivendi.it/en/

SJane45S Mon 25-Jan-16 15:22:33

You could try the Modus Vivendi (as per the link above!) in Sanremo (it's spelt both San Remo and Sanremo confusingly!). We stayed there for 4 days 2 years ago with our 7 year old. I wouldn't recommend it if you weren't driving as it's about a 20-30 minute walk into central Sanremo (albeit along a very pretty palm fringed promenade). The rooms are fine and there is a pool. Price wise, it's either this or somewhere grottier in central Sanremo if you'd rather not pay a lot of money! The views are pretty and the rooms are fine. Customer Service could have been better and the poolside café/bar closes at 7pm from memory so transport is very helpful (although there is a shuttlebus in and out of town). It's on top of a hill and there are tree roots sprouting up in the road on the way up which isn't great for cars - however there is another route there which reception can advise you of.

ErgonomicallyUnsound Mon 25-Jan-16 22:53:51

We stayed in Loano two summers ago, it was nice. Big swimming pool etc.

www.loano2village.it/en/

thewalrus Tue 26-Jan-16 21:12:37

Great, thank you both! Will have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now