Central villas Portugal

(4 Posts)
Girlred Wed 13-Jan-16 01:08:41

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a nice villa which doesn't require car hire. We would just love something within walking distance of a small supermarket, some restaurants and a beach. Travelling to Portugal in June with a young family and keen to have the home comforts and privacy of a villa but we enjoy eating having a walk in the evenings, eating in local restaurants, having few drinks outdoors etc. Kids would enjoy little discos, hair braiding, bouncy castles etc. Which are often found in resorts but we want our own space and own pool which a villa can provide. Loved Carvaeiro but would consider any area of Portugal as long as no car required. Obviously we will take taxis from airport and for few big shops etc. When needed. Thanks in advance!

Girlred Wed 13-Jan-16 01:09:44

P.S. I've already posted on Carvaeiro thread too as so much great advice been given there.

Jakadaal Mon 25-Jan-16 19:02:31

I can recommend Cabanas in the eastern Algarve. Small quaint resort with a beautiful beach (you have to get a little water taxi over which adds to the fun) and plenty of self catering apartments and villas. There are some lovely restaurants but they get very busy so you need to book. A few evenings we just BBQ'd and then had a stroll along the boardwalk for an ice cream which was always the dc's choice.

The nearest town is Tavira which is really pretty and easily reached via the local bus. We split our holiday between Cavoeiro and Cabanas last year and are returning to Cabanas again this year

anotherdayanother Fri 29-Jan-16 22:31:36

Vale do Lobo would be perfect! We actually own and rent out a villa there but it is a little further from the central plaza and entertainment than some so probably not ideal (that said it is closer to the beach than most). You can also get groceries delivered Ocado style from either Apolonia or one of the other big supermarkets.

Message me if you want more info. (Name changed recently but been a Mumsnetter for years).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now