anyone been to Javea/Xabia?

(9 Posts)
FurbysMakeSexNoises Tue 12-Jan-16 11:29:54

I've been a bit rash and booked a villa but haven't obsessively looked into the area for once-
Can anyone tell me what the area is like to stay in?

dreamingofsun Tue 12-Jan-16 11:46:02

in spain? not been but i have researched quite extensively and its on my list of potential places to go. someone will come on who has, but in the meantime, i seem to remember that its got a decent sandy beach, a good array of restaurants/bars and is not a nasty high rise resort.

good choice i think, unless you like nightclubs or really back of beyond places that never see a tourist and have no facilities....in which case maybe not such a good choice

FurbysMakeSexNoises Tue 12-Jan-16 12:29:28

Yes in Spain near Moraira which I went to years ago and was nice and low key. Thanks for the info, be great to hear back from people who have been- very happy with nice restaurants and gentle low key resort suitable for kids.

FurbysMakeSexNoises Wed 13-Jan-16 13:40:17

Anyone?

FurbysMakeSexNoises Thu 14-Jan-16 21:04:19

Bump for evening traffic

theconstantvacuumer Fri 15-Jan-16 07:54:56

Hi OP, I've been to Javea but only as a day trip (twice) from Moraira. The beach there is brilliant, much better than Moraira and there are loads of shops and cafes on the beach front. There was a really gorgeous looking hotel at one end of the beach but I don't know what it's called. It seemed like a nice town, busier than Moraira and more facilities etc.

theconstantvacuumer Fri 15-Jan-16 07:56:50

Oh yes, and not dominated by high rise apartment blocks etc.

Mrsboathook Fri 15-Jan-16 08:12:31

My parents live near there. There's an old and new part. Beach nicer in new part (cove type), but lovely restaurants etc in old part. I really like it, quiet and quaint in parts. Quite "English " in the new bit though.

FurbysMakeSexNoises Fri 15-Jan-16 08:43:46

Thanks both- looking forward to exploring the old bit and the beach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now