What would you do with one day in Paris?

(4 Posts)
TheSconeOfStone Mon 11-Jan-16 17:12:56

We're heading to Disney for a couple of days and will have one day in Paris itself. We did the same in August and as it was so hot didn't do a huge amount. We did a boat trip and only managed to get off for The Louvre (surprisingly popular with the children and an escape from the heat) and the Eiffel Tower (didn't go up it).

We'd like to do one art gallery (thinking Pompidou as DH is architecture buff and the quirky art might be fun plus view from the top of the building), Notre Dame and Montmartre. Maybe squeeze in a quick stop at the Arc De Triomphe. Not sure if this will be too much for a nearly 6 year old and 8 year old.

velourvoyageur Fri 15-Jan-16 09:25:23

Centre Pompidou is great smile (the shop is fab too)

I would do lie in with nice patisseries, café, musée de l'art moderne (view of Eiffel Tower & the Seine as you come out), lunch, and the Jardin d'Acclimatation for the kids. And then café again.

Montmartre/Notre Dame/Centre Pompidou sounds like a lovely day but a bit tiring even with just adults. I've tried to fit loads into a day before and Paris is small but not that small, plus being around hoardes of tourists can also be a bit much (though am sure they're all nice!).

have a great time! (if you haven't already gone)

wickedwaterwitch Sat 16-Jan-16 18:35:26

Maybe this

www.musee-orsay.fr/en/home.html

Or this, much smaller and the stunning water lilies

www.musee-orangerie.fr/en

No queues if you get there early

you could then either walk along the place de la Concorde towards the Champs Elysee and the arc de triomphe or back through the Tulieres gardens towards the Louvre.

wickedwaterwitch Sat 16-Jan-16 18:36:37

I'd try to fit in Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur and getting a caricature done by a street artist, nice experience

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now