France in the summer hols. Need sun and water parks! Recommendations please

(5 Posts)
pottymummy Mon 11-Jan-16 11:23:32

So DC have decided on France this year. (We went Menorca last year, and Italy the year before)

They are 6 and 9. We have to do this in the summer holidays, and we try to keep the cost (so flights, accommodation and car rental but not spending or food) to 2.5k. We prefer to go for maybe 10 days.
I need it to be sunny but not baking, which is why I think we are going to have to fly rather than drive it.

We'd rather stay in an apartment or villa type place than a mobile home. The kids are perfectly happy with a pool and a slide although a waterpark would be great. We don't really need to be near a beach. None of us are big fans of sea or sand.

We also like to do day trips to castles and 'interesting' places (ok, the kids might disagree) but we aren't really 'activity' people.

I suspect any old holiday park might fit the bill - but where?

Any assistance gratefully received.

A1Sharon Mon 11-Jan-16 14:30:51

We have stayed in Serignan Plage a few times and my boys loved it. We stayed in what the boys called a tree house, a Cabane Robinson-dishwasher/cooker/microwave/AC/TV etc. Couldn't fault the place, although realise it doesn't tick everything you mentioned.
Loads of wee towns to take a trip to.
[[ www.yellohvillage.co.uk/camping/le_serignan_plage Here]].

pottymummy Tue 12-Jan-16 10:58:34

Thank you A1Sharon I'll take a look smile

bitofabelly Fri 15-Jan-16 08:04:10

Hi Potty...what about flights to Carcassonne or Perpignan...lots of interesting non beachy places to visit....we are mixing our holiday up with a few nights in a campsite, a week in a house with a pool so we all get the best of all worlds. I have done major research on villas in this area... Serial holiday planner....so I can pm you with my hit list. We are staying in la sirene camping for s few nights which takes care of the water park element of your holiday

pottymummy Fri 15-Jan-16 09:33:23

Thank you bitofabelly. That would be great if you can pm me. I actually found La Sirene and flights that correspond with the dates available, but DH is being an arse and whingeing that there's no telly.
I have explained there are ways and means of getting telly on his laptop and we can take DVDs and the longer he hangs about the less chance I have of getting the last 3 bed mobile home I have my eye on (putting the boys in one room together is never a great holiday) As usual he's saying 'let me have a look for something' Which he never does. And we end up going with what I've suggested anyway...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now