Suggestions for short break in the sun

(11 Posts)
superbfairywren Tue 05-Jan-16 08:39:47

I think my dh and I could really do with some sunshine this year and a bit of a break. Unsure if we would bring DD with us or not, I have a big birthday this year and might be able to wangle her staying with family(hence why i only want to go away for a few nights, couldn't leave her any longer!) Is there anywhere you would suggest that is possible to go just for a few days?

I have browsed online and only really found week and fortnight long deals. I would like 3 or 4 nights ideally, and therefore not too long a flight from the UK(London). Would like pool, luxury, beach, nice walks, good food. Would settle for a good pool and some sunshine. Really just looking for some ideas then I can work out if its at all possible.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Jan-16 08:44:44

What time of year, and what budget have you got in mind?

JapanNextYear Tue 05-Jan-16 08:44:48

Easyjet website has some v good hotel and flight offers, often city breaks with pools. Mallorca and Palma lovely for a couple of days, Nice, Malaga and Rome all great for a short break.

superbfairywren Tue 05-Jan-16 17:10:54

Probably may ish time? But flexible depending on what kind of deal we can get. Budget is the bit I'm really not sure of, I haven't been on an abroad holiday properly since I was a kid and then I didn't pay for it. We've only ever really been away in this country or a weekend break in Europe once or twice. When we go away in the UK we normally pay between 250 and 600 for a self catering place(250much more basic but nice, 600very luxurious) and I have no idea how much places in Europe with pools and flights cost. Really I would like some guidance or recommendations of lovely places you can go to for a few days so I can work out what we can afford.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Jan-16 19:13:30

I live in Carvoeiro, in the Algarve, you might find a private apt/villa owner willing to do less than a week, if you stay away from half term?

superbfairywren Wed 06-Jan-16 14:49:57

Algarve is somewhere I hadn't thought of, thanks.

Makemineacabsauv Sat 09-Jan-16 00:38:02

Venice - fabulous place and it an suit any budget. Likewise Rome and I 'be always fancied Sorrento and Pompeii. Athens is a other option.

superbfairywren Sat 09-Jan-16 08:04:48

Would love to go to Italy, haven't ever been!

kittyvet Sat 09-Jan-16 08:07:28

Northern Italy won't be very warm in May! If you are thinking pools and beach then you need to be further south.

Madbengalmum Sat 09-Jan-16 17:06:38

Sicily for a short break, fabulous

1980Mum2013 Thu 14-Jan-16 05:02:25

Spain is lovely in May. There is a great little place north of Alicante which we loved www.cuatrefinques.com
It's inland but you can get to the beach in 20 mins. Great place for to take kids too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now