where to go with football mad teenage boy this summer?

(38 Posts)
ssd Sun 03-Jan-16 21:45:25

we've been to Barcelona, so thats done

maybe a resort with pitches nearby, he's very active and would like to meet other teens (15 yrs)

he doesn't like watersports or the sea and doesn't really sunbathe!

don't really want a resort with loads of toddlers and young kids (sorry!)

Rivercam Sun 03-Jan-16 21:49:26

Aren't the euro's on this summer? Maybe you can get tickets for them.

Holland - duinrell has a theme park adjacent to a Euocamp (plus other companies) which is great for teens. It's near the beach, Holland etc

Center parts - France, Holland etc

Eurocamps - some have teen activities (I'm sure you can avoid the toddlers)

PGL - holidays

ssd Sun 03-Jan-16 21:51:01

didnt know the euro's were on!

have looked at Duinrell before but decided against

dont fancy center parks or the others, sorry

rookiemere Sun 03-Jan-16 21:52:46

How about La Manga? I don't know how suitable it is for teens, but I know that they generally run football academies and have loads of sporting activities.

ginmakesitallok Sun 03-Jan-16 21:53:16

Milan - to the San Siro

ssd Sun 03-Jan-16 21:58:13

I'll look at La Manga, but don't know if that's too structured for him, he's at an academy here and does enough training, well I think so anyway, he may disagree!

thanks I'll look at Milan, wonder if its really expensive? our budget is £1500 for 5-7 days, 2 adults 1 teen.

ssd Sun 03-Jan-16 22:05:23

actually isnt La Manga more about golf?

rookiemere Sun 03-Jan-16 22:08:38

There is a football academy at La Manga, but perhaps it's not what you are looking for if its not structured you want, also I suspect out of budget.

ssd Sun 03-Jan-16 22:12:35

yes, it looks out of our budget.

dreamingofsun Mon 04-Jan-16 15:42:21

dol in brittany - domaine des ormes. not been for about 8 years, but mainly because we had 3 football mad boys we went for about 3 years which was failry unusual for us. they also have a nightclub for teenagers. there are lots of younger kids but also a lot of older ones. can get a little noisy at night as a result and is not as near to beaches as some sites we've been to.

football pitch is a great astroturf one and the kids spent hours on it playing with loads of others - very mixed age groups which was good. the kids club also organised things and i think there was a group for older ones only

ssd Mon 04-Jan-16 21:15:59

thanks will check that out.

ssd Mon 04-Jan-16 21:22:48

nah sorry dont fancy eurocamp

ErgonomicallyUnsound Tue 05-Jan-16 21:18:34

We have a football mad 12 yo and had a very successful holiday at Hotel Poiano in Garda. Big floodlit football pitch he played on every night and day.

ssd Tue 05-Jan-16 21:28:30

that sounds great erco, will try to google it, is Garda in Italy?

ssd Tue 05-Jan-16 21:35:56

that place looks good ergo, when he played footy were there older kids there? ds will be 15

ssd Tue 05-Jan-16 21:41:12

also did you book things separately or through a tour operator?

ErgonomicallyUnsound Tue 05-Jan-16 21:51:40

Thomson do it but we booked it separately - EasyJet flights, car and booked hotel direct, was £1k cheaper. shock

Lots of teens there, lots playing footie.

Here's a link www.poiano.com/index_en.php

ErgonomicallyUnsound Tue 05-Jan-16 21:52:36

Fly to Verona.

ssd Tue 05-Jan-16 21:54:20

thanks will check that out further

as an aside, what else is there to do there? ds not into watersports or group activities, except football!

also I wonder if its possible to visit the san siro from there, think its in Milan, though I could be way out grin

ErgonomicallyUnsound Tue 05-Jan-16 22:08:44

We went to Verona for the day, you can also do Venice quite easily for the day from there. We also played tennis and swam a lot, great swimming pool. The hotel charged a silly amount to hire tennis racquets so we zipped to Decathlon nr Verona and bought our own. [tightwads]

We also did a trip on the cable car up Monte Baldo and did some fun tubing up there. Had some fabulous meals in Garda, also went on a boat trip across the lake one day. Loads to see and do.

ssd Tue 05-Jan-16 23:05:56

thats great thanks.

how did you find the driving, we've never driven in Europe and was it quite easy to hire a car?

ErgonomicallyUnsound Wed 06-Jan-16 13:35:23

DH drove, it was OK, usual confusion at airport and in city centres but otherwise fine. Take your own SatNav if you have one that covers Europe. Lots of traffic round the lake itself at peak times but you soon learn when to travel. We booked the car ahead so collected from airport - we used Avis I think and apart from a wait at the desk to get the car, it was fine.

ssd Wed 06-Jan-16 15:32:47

thanks again, what airport did you fly to, I think Verona has one? also do the hotel do day trips or did you drive to Venice?

ErgonomicallyUnsound Wed 06-Jan-16 16:01:14

We flew to Verona, the hotel had its own minibus which went into Garda, not sure if they offered other excursions as we just went under our own steam. Maybe email them and ask.

ErgonomicallyUnsound Wed 06-Jan-16 16:06:34

....and even if the hotel don't do anything, you can get the minibus into Garda where there are loads of day trips to various places on offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now