Where for 3 nights?

(14 Posts)
MiniCooperLover Sat 02-Jan-16 20:50:18

So I'd like to go away with DH for 3 nights for my birthday in early April, ideally while schools are still on Easter holiday as DS (almost 5 by then) will stay with Granny. So am aiming for a Friday flight so DH has to take only 2 days off work.

I'm thinking Canary Islands? But which would be best - do people have recommendations ??

NeedsAMousekatool Sat 02-Jan-16 20:52:03

Not Tenerife. It's shit, expensive, and the black sand never ever comes out of your holiday clothes.

MiniCooperLover Sat 02-Jan-16 21:00:05

Ok grin All good points smile Any thoughts on the other islands? I know Fuerteventura is supposed to be very windy and I don't want to lose any heat because of wind. I would miss DS so much but really love the idea of a couple of days by a pool without the need of constantly supervising him. We have our summer holiday booked already so I don't feel too guilty and he loves his Granny.

Makemineacabsauv Sun 03-Jan-16 16:44:00

As its only 3 nights why not look at places like Venice or Rome?

Madbengalmum Sun 03-Jan-16 17:16:03

Tenerife is not shit if you know the right places to go to, what a typical mumsnet overgeneralisation.

It really depends on what kind of break you would like OP, relaxing ie canaries etc or city break/culture.

sidsgranny Sun 03-Jan-16 17:19:25

What about a city? Madrid, Lisbon or Barcelona?

Have never been to Tenerife but loved Lanzarote - Playa Blanca is fab!

MiniCooperLover Sun 03-Jan-16 20:29:28

Yes those cities are all fab options but ideally I just want 2.5 days to sleep by a pool smile

crazycatguy Sun 03-Jan-16 20:33:57

I just spent four days in Ponta Delgada from which we explored an Azorean island. Cheap, direct flights are just starting there, not too many Brits but everyone there speaks English (some Portuguese appreciated but never necessary!).

pillowaddict Sun 03-Jan-16 20:38:00

Greek island or morrocco - I've done marrakesh and corfu for long weekends and stayed in all inclusive hotels in both mainly sitting by the pool but with the option of something else to do if weather not amazing.

applecatchers36 Sun 03-Jan-16 20:38:36

Would you go as far as Morocco, think is approx 4 hours flight time, will be a warm/ hot temp in April and you could get a really nice Riad to relax by a pool. Marrakech is worth exploring for food, medina, shopping etc..

lapsedorienteerer Sun 03-Jan-16 20:40:22

Vienna

MyHovercraftIsFullOfEels Sun 03-Jan-16 20:41:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cleo81 Sun 03-Jan-16 20:53:23

Madbangalmum- where in Tenerife is nice? I am also looking for a four nights away holiday with husband. All inclusive with guaranteed sun and lots of relaxation and eating.

Madbengalmum Mon 04-Jan-16 17:26:00

Cleo have messaged you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now