Tell me where we should go in April!

(6 Posts)
BaryMerry Mon 28-Dec-15 17:46:32

I'm rubbish at choosing holidays - no confidence in my selections! - and I like solid recommendations from others.

I really want this to be the year we take the DDs (9 and 5) on a nice sunny holiday. I'm aiming for April hols (w/b 4th) to avoid extreme summer heat but I've no idea where. Criteria -
- warm but not boiling
- not too touristy
- good access to beach/facilities
- pref able to swim in the sea OR heated pool option
- possibility of day trips, activities etc
- don't mind what board basis (SC, AI, B&B)

Also how much should I expect to pay?? As I said, we've never booked a holiday like this for a family of four before and I usually balk at the prices. What's average for a mid-range, not luxury but not cheap as chips experience??

Breadwidow Sat 02-Jan-16 19:46:29

Following!

Makemineacabsauv Sun 03-Jan-16 16:47:36

For guaranteed sun in April what about the Canaries? We had a great holiday a few years ago in Playa Blanca in Lanzarote.

FinestGrundyTurkey Sun 03-Jan-16 17:10:35

We've had great weather in mid April in Andalucia. Masses of cheap flights into Malaga, very cheap car hire, a huge choice of self-catering accommodation, lovely beaches, & plenty of cultural stuff.

The only possibly downside is that things like water parks don't tend to open that early.

www.andalucia.com

FinestGrundyTurkey Sun 03-Jan-16 17:15:21

Nerja is lovely smile

Cassimin Sun 03-Jan-16 17:26:30

We went to gran canaria. Puerto Rico for a week last April. It was lovely. It was really cheap too.
Have done the other canaries but found here by far the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now