have you been to see Santa in Lapland?

(2 Posts)
MammaLex Tue 08-Dec-15 13:14:01

What age were your dc? Any companies you'd recommend. Too late for this year, but planning ahead for 2016 with DS 6

jo164 Fri 11-Dec-15 21:46:40

We went when children were 4 and 5 and they loved it - as did we :-) I can't recommend any travel companies as I booked it all independently, which worked out much cheaper! We went to Levi in Finland (www.levi.fi) and stayed in the Best Western apartments. We wanted to ski as well and Levi is a downhill ski resort. I booked all the trips including Father Christmas through the tourist information centre in Levi which was very simple. We also went on a reindeer sleigh ride, husky sledding, and visited the ice hotel. Booked flights as soon as they are released with Finnair - which means you have to change in Helsinki, but not really a problem. Went for a week rather than the 3 days most trips do, and it was probably cheaper. We love it there and are going back for the 4th time at Easter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now