In Bruges

(4 Posts)
Lachattequrit Fri 13-Nov-15 20:41:18

DH, DS (age3) and I have a day (probably about 5-7 hours) to spend in Bruges at the end of this month.
We will probable go to the Christmas markets. What else should we do, especially what to do if it rains??
Any suggestions for a nice restaurant to eat lunch?

FuzzyWizard Fri 13-Nov-15 20:52:33

There are lots of nice places to eat... Just avoid the place on the main square with the really inviting looking fire that you can see through the window (you'd know it if you saw it). Definitely have hot chocolate at the old chocolate house- it's a very special hot chocolate. We had a nice lunch nearby at a place called poules moules too. At that time of year it's just lovely. There's an ice skating rink set up too by the Christmas market. You can take a horse drawn carriage ride although we didn't bother we heard other people raving about how much they enjoyed theirs.

Lachattequrit Fri 13-Nov-15 21:20:48

Thanks Fuzzy, lots of ideas there smile
What was wrong with the place with the fire on the main square??

FuzzyWizard Fri 13-Nov-15 21:42:38

We didn't actually eat there... Walked out because we waited too long for drinks. When. I checked trip advisor reviews I discovered that we'd had a lucky escape. Apparently the food is as bad as the service. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called now though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now