Experience of Cala D'Or for families

(9 Posts)
purplepandas Thu 27-Aug-15 09:57:23

We have never travelled abroad with DC so we are rather new to figuring where is good family wise. What we would choose is rather different!

Is Cala D'Or okay? We like rather smaller resorts but want something family friendly. Magaluf would not be my choice as an example! It sounds fine and Trip Adviser is okay for where I am looking. Trip Advisor

Any comments welcome. I don't want to get it wrong as it is such a lot of money to spend hence holidaying in the UK until now. DC will be 4 and 6 when we go next year. Thanks.

purplepandas Thu 27-Aug-15 09:58:31

I clearly can't spell Cala d'Or but I am hoping that is not a bad omen!

purplepandas Thu 27-Aug-15 21:22:16

Bump!

LeonardoAcropolis Thu 27-Aug-15 21:50:15

Hello, we went to Call D'Or last year, my DSs were 5 and 2 and we loved it. Very family friendly and certainly not like magaluf! We stayed in a hotel by the Cala Esmerelda beach and walked into the town every evening. There were a good few bars and restaurants, street sellers with candy floss and popcorn, ice cream shops, small amusement parks for children. There's a harbour too.

purplepandas Thu 27-Aug-15 22:01:02

Thanks so much LeonardoAcropolis, sounds fab. I really appreciate your reply smile

MorrisZapp Thu 27-Aug-15 22:05:17

We liked cala dor so much we went back to the same hotel! Sa Marina, it's the top one on trip advisor. Brilliant hotel for kids, great wee resort with great restaurants, bars and shops.

Think we'll go next year too!

MorrisZapp Thu 27-Aug-15 22:06:13

Ds was 3 the first time, 4 the second time. He absolutely loved it.

purplepandas Fri 28-Aug-15 16:27:59

Thanks MorrisZap, sounds great smile I will check out your hotel.

marilynmonroe Mon 31-Aug-15 08:24:44

we've just come back from there and stayed at the cala azul park by emseralda beach. it was quite a big resort and very busy. lots of putting the towels out early in the morning etc. but it was clean and quiet at night. there were shows on at night which were pretty crap but the kids liked it. the beach was lovely too. the resort of cala d'or i thought was a bit of a dump. needs lots of investment into it to bring it up to date. we carried on walking to the marina which was much nicer. lots of nice restaurants and lots of amazing boats to look at.

majorca in august is too busy for us, next year we will be returning to greece i think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now