Holiday with teenagers ideas please!

(9 Posts)
Onewomanandherdog Sun 19-Jul-15 09:20:31

I'm trying to book next years holiday to give us time to save and pay it off. My 2 daughters will be 15 and 12. Having trouble as DH now doesn't want to go to my first choice which was the Olympic Lagoon in Cyprus, it ticked all of my boxes but alas no!
Due to recent events we've decided to stick to Spain/Portugal. We are doing eurocamp this year and want all inclusive next year.
I have shortlisted and wondered if any MN'ers had experience of any on the list:
Globales Playa - Estepona. - think this looks like an older kids hotel, got 2 bedrooms, however looks like it's in the middle of nowhere!
Protur Bonaire - Majorca - looks ok but is it more for little children?
Holiday village - Ibiza - again looks ok but £6000!! - same price as the Olympic lagoon but not sure if it'll be the same value for money.

Any other suggestions out there? Don't want the Canaries. Now wondering if I could get to Florida with the prices I'll pay for Spain? All coming in between £4500-6000.
I'm going round in circles!

SecretSquirrels Sun 19-Jul-15 19:40:29

I was going to suggest Olympic Lagoon in Cyprus...... mine loved it when we went and they were 17 and 15. In fact they would go back like a shot.

I can't be sure but I suspect the holiday villages will be more aimed at younger families.
Last year we did a cruise and stay. One week med cruise and a week in Cala Bona. The cruise was a great success and Cala Bona was nice but a little quiet for teenage boys.
We are doing Canaries this year (for Siam Park). So no help sorry!

xyx Mon 20-Jul-15 14:58:21

I agree that HV would be too young. Mine went age 9&10 and had a great time, the teens looked bored. This year we're trying Club Magic Life with First Choice. Lots of sports and a club for 13-16s. I'll let you know!

2fedup Mon 20-Jul-15 19:25:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dingit Mon 20-Jul-15 19:30:50

I might be wrong, but I think Cyprus is independant of Greece? If you read the reviews, most holiday resorts are fine at the moment.
Would you consider Austria? Our four teens loved it last year. Also second a cruise.

gennibugs Mon 20-Jul-15 19:33:23

I think the Bonaire is more aimed at littler one. Not sure there'd be much to do In the resort either - seemed to be mainly older couples or families with small kids.

FurtherSupport Mon 20-Jul-15 19:49:36

We've had some excellent holidays with Explore. Some of their tours are specifically for families with teenagers.

TurnOverTheTv Mon 20-Jul-15 19:52:14

My teens have just thoroughly enjoyed a Med cruise.

Heels99 Tue 21-Jul-15 08:23:53

You could go to USA for that price, teens would love New York.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now