Kids clubs - how do they work?

(9 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Mon 08-Jun-15 19:21:05

I appreciate this may vary from hotel to hotel but, generally speaking, how do they work? I'm assuming you have to pay for them..? Do you have to pre book before you go? Or at the beginning of your stay? Or just use them as and when? It's an all inclusive resort in Turkey and there's no mention of specifics online.

noramum Mon 08-Jun-15 19:41:34

We only used one so far and you went there and filled out a form before you wanted to use it the first time. You were given a schedule and could come to any activity your child liked and you had to collect them after that. No minimum time or numbers of activities.

In our case they closed for lunch and had a club after 6.30pm if the parents wanted to eat in peace, they normally did a movie, music, some games etc but no food. For these you had to put your child's name down during the afternoon.

The club was part of the AI activities, so no extra costs.

Oh, they only took them from 2 and they had to be potty trained.

Waggamamma Mon 08-Jun-15 19:47:13

Ours cost nothing as included in all inclusive. Age groups 3-5, 6-8 and 9-11.

It ran 9:30-12:30 or 2pm-5pm and you picked which session you wanted them to go to. Also three 7pm-9pm sessions per week which were movie night, chocolate party and pizza party.

All British checked staff and you sign the kids in and out. You need to send them with suncream applies, a drink and comfy shoes.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 08-Jun-15 19:51:46

Thanks both. Good to know it's usually included in the All inclusive :-) I know it's on every day from 9.30-12.30 so hopefully will just be able to sort it for a few mornings once we get there smile

Heels99 Tue 09-Jun-15 10:21:55

Never had to pay. Kids just go along when they want, you sign them in.
Just got back from holiday where kids club was open 9am-10pm they did camp outs and bbqs in the beach, had a climbing wall, basketball court, splash pad, did swimming ever day, pool games, beach games, trampoline, Zorbing, cooking. They had a timetable up so kids could just go and join in when they wanted. They also could have lunch and dinner with the club if they wanted, most clubs do that.
Best kids clubs I have found are neilsons, included in price, they take the kids sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, speed boating they learn tennis etc. watching two year olds sail odd in a boat for a pirate party is lovely!
My kids love doing things with the club and making friends but equally we all like spending time together

Heels99 Tue 09-Jun-15 10:39:49

Also cheCk Age of kids allowed in club, most start at age 4.

Branleuse Fri 12-Jun-15 10:31:53

we have used them at eurocamp and we just fill out a form at the beginning of the holiday and then can just use them whenever. They usually have them on 5 or 6 days a week, a couple of hours in the morning and then in the afternoon, and they have always been free (but not all sites have had them)

blossomblowing Fri 12-Jun-15 12:02:20

unless they come down with chicken pox, then theyre out! nightmare!

DownWithThisTypeOfThing Sun 14-Jun-15 18:46:28

I'd never used them before last year and have to say they were fab. We'd had a particularly stressful year and by the time we made it to our holiday we were wrecked. Usually I have a jam packed "to do" itinerary but last year for the first time ever we did pool, beach and a few short trips out. The kids club came in so handy. We just had to fill a form in at the start of the break then after that if we were by the pool when an activity started they'd just ask the kids if they wanted to join in - no stress/commitment/pre-booking and included in AI holiday cost.

Had never done a holiday like that before but damn we enjoyed it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now