what nightmare kid has ever haunted your holiday?

(72 Posts)
BadgersArse Mon 11-May-15 15:53:04

The one whose name you know within minutes of arriving at any place with a shared pool. The one who terrorises everyone, whose parents shout weakly after him, or who simply ignore them, the one who in our case, people arriving back after a two day trip said "You've met X then?' grin

BadgersArse Mon 11-May-15 15:53:34

WILLIAM

Turkey 2013

MrsUltracrepidarian Mon 11-May-15 16:04:25

grin

Ticktockwedontstop Mon 11-May-15 16:07:54

Archie, the past few years the naughty kid always seems to be called Archie.

BadgersArse Mon 11-May-15 16:08:35

Did he fit all criteria?

StrawberrytallCake Mon 11-May-15 16:09:47

Elliott (all three summer holidays in 2013)

BadgersArse Mon 11-May-15 16:11:32

three in one summer?

was he STALKING you?

QueenofallIsee Mon 11-May-15 16:12:02

Ahhh, Liam and Melissa twins in our resort Tunisia 2007 - the Liam poop in pool was a memorable low note

CallMeNancy Mon 11-May-15 16:13:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ilovenannyplum Mon 11-May-15 16:15:43

@ticktock
I've got an Archie, we were talking about a holiday later in the year but maybe I'll hold off!!! grin

BadgersArse Mon 11-May-15 16:19:43

there cant be many twins called Melissa and Liam.. wink

( btw I once met someone in rl who found out that his kids names which were very unique had been mentioned on here on a ^poncey names kids have thread^)

allinall Mon 11-May-15 16:24:58

The one I used to teach.

My horror at finding out at the airport that he and his family were on the same flight as me was only increased when they appeared at the same hotel, later that day.

He was actually a nice child, but I really didn't want to see him on holiday, didn't want to have to chat to his parents, and I especially didn't want to be seen in my swimsuit!

I spent most of the holiday looking anxiously around me. Also, I worried that my children would misbehave and the family would judge me and them.

I do understand it probably wasn't great for the other family too, and it may have ruined their holiday to find me there!

StrawberrytallCake Mon 11-May-15 16:31:08

3 different ones!! Couldn't believe it - Egypt Elliott (cockney), Dorset Elliott (Northern, unsure whereabouts) and Spain Elliott - oh hold on that was a family member grin the most annoying one

StuntBottom Mon 11-May-15 16:49:59

What's worse is when you go on holiday with friends and their child turns out to be THAT child. A whole week of being on the receiving end of evil looks and loud tuts and there was nothing I could do about it as he wasn't my child.

QueenofallIsee Mon 11-May-15 20:30:34

I hadn't thought of that!

Well if their parents are Mnetters, your kids were the spawn of satan, hope they have grown out of it for your sake and the sake of any adult in your general vicinity

HainaultViaNewburyPark Mon 11-May-15 20:34:59

Aaron - Greece - Easter 2014 he called DS every week for months after we got back home

ChantenayCarrot Mon 11-May-15 20:36:59

This thread is really making me chuckle - I don't have anything to add story wise though!

ThreeFrazzledFandangos Mon 11-May-15 20:38:44

Ha my ExMiL went on a Nile cruise and she and her mother were the only passengers other than a school trip of 30 kids!

She won't be returning wink

InkleWinkle Mon 11-May-15 20:39:54

Luke, Cyprus 2014

petitdonkey Mon 11-May-15 20:46:18

Charlie - flight to Nice 2012. Luckily for us it was only the flight but I actually think it was Charlie's mother who was worse - you know parents who feel the need to do their parenting very loudly - I swear on my children's lives that at one point she screeched 'Charlie, you know you don't like airline food in economy - i have some taramasalata for you!' shock

Charlie just screamed that he wanted crisps to which she kept screeching 'you don't like crisps Charlie!!' 'I DOOOOOO!!'

DD2 was only 4 but 'doing a Charlie' has become family code for a brat!!!

(apologies to all of the delightfully gorgeous Charlies out there!!)

Tokelau Mon 11-May-15 20:50:43

George, Tenerife, 1999. He was three years old and on holiday with his parents. He screamed the whole time, terrorised other kids and tried to smash everything in the play area.

To be honest I felt sorry for him. His parents ignored him the all the time, and I think that's why he behaved so badly. We knew his name, because his parents used to scream at him when they weren't ignoring him.

One day he screamed for about half an hour and they ignored him. After a while, someone else found him near the pool. He'd climbed behind a vending machine and got stuck, that's why the poor kid was screaming.

Hassled Mon 11-May-15 20:58:11

Hannah - Italy, probably 2001. She was DD's new best friend ever, then DS1 snogged her (they were early teens). This was just the latest in a long long list of ways DS1 could find to piss DD off and take away from her everything that had ever mattered. He had only snogged Hannah to ruin her world, apparently. It was EXHAUSTING.

exLtEveDallasNoBollocks Mon 11-May-15 21:02:28

Damien - flight only (thank God) to the Dom Rep in 2002. A combination of lack of nicotine and Damien kicking my seat for 3 hours led to a bit of a blow-up on my part blush

Georgia "This is Georgia, she's very Advanced" - Fuetaventura April 2008. She wasn't advanced, she was a bloody normal kid with parents who thought everything she did was a sign of her intelligence. Pushing little kids in the pool, stamping on the feet of anyone who came near her, throwing stones at cats and SCREAMING every mealtime. Apparently it was all frustration because her brain wanted her to do more than her body could cope with.

Emily - Egypt 2012. Didn't want to do anything, but didn't want anyone else to do it either. Thankfully DD told her she was "boring and spoiling my holiday" on day 4 (and her parents were mortally offended and avoided us for the rest of our holiday smile)

BadgersArse Mon 11-May-15 21:37:48

lol @ charlie

Chippednailvarnish Mon 11-May-15 21:40:05

Son of Chipped. Every year since 2007 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now