Cheap holiday abroad £1000 or less

(18 Posts)
Amybabygypsyqueen Sun 26-Apr-15 19:40:15

Hi everyone,

I need a holiday wink were on a limited budget and am hoping to book some where including travel but not including food or trips.

We have a tent and 2 children and we were looking at France but realistically anywhere will do. Can preferable with a water slide (DD request) and is warm gringringrin (my request ) anyone recommend anywhere?

Amybabygypsyqueen Sun 26-Apr-15 19:41:04

I hate typing on my phone have no idea where the Random can came from

Hismumhermum Sun 26-Apr-15 21:32:42

I need the same! Last week of may...

Hismumhermum Sun 26-Apr-15 21:35:40

But no tent.

FauxFox Mon 27-Apr-15 16:08:14

brittany mobile home?

jenpetronus Tue 28-Apr-15 08:23:46

We have a gite in Brittany. Even with the ferry costs you could easily bring it in under £1000.00. It's self catering, but as long as you eat seasonally I'd say about €150 for a family of four (you can help yourself to veg out of the garden smile )

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Tue 28-Apr-15 08:27:23

For how long? You could have a lovely week in morocco for that, very hot!

iseenodust Wed 29-Apr-15 16:51:13

We are doing Stockholm countryside (2 adults, 1DC) for a week 4* hotel incl breakfast & flights for £750 in school summer hols. Cheap flights with Norwegian.com It will be warm, long hours of sunlight, sea temperature warmer than the Channel. There is a lido/pool complex with indoor & outdoor pool, sunbathing etc nearby and locals pile into the sea & lakes from what I've read.

mary21 Wed 29-Apr-15 18:00:43

Yelloh campsite in France, drive down, book ferries with Tesco vouchers , should be possible

LIZS Sat 02-May-15 12:01:48

Just had an email with Eurocamp half price offers for May half term.

Lovage Sun 03-May-15 08:34:35

Ooh, details iseenodust? Sounds lovely and amazingly cheap. Where are you staying?

AndHarry Sun 03-May-15 08:42:53

Centerparcs - the continental parks are much, much cheaper than the UK ones. We're going for a week at half term and a premium chalet for 4 people cost less than £300.

iseenodust Sun 03-May-15 12:16:42

Lovage Hotel as requested. On waterfront, 20 mins by ferry from central Stockholm. Also served by buses so not hiring a car. Booked through amoma.com

Methe Sun 03-May-15 12:20:29

I'm going to ile de re for a week over May half term and the holiday has cost £300 incl ferry Dover- Calais (Should have even £500 but we had a discount) I expect the fuel and tolls will cost £150 and we'll probably spend £250 on food and wine.

We are going with Canvas and staying in a tent.

I cannot wait!

chezANIA Thu 14-May-15 15:36:52

The euro/sterling exchange is making France more affordable. Ferry in May/June offering loads of deals.

We are offering up to 30% off all remaining May arrivals in our self catering cottages in the Loire Valley.

We accept arrivals on any day of the week to suit your travel plans.. top tip..mid week travel costs less!

www.mumsnet.com/reviews/travel/self-catering-in-europe/16171-les-limornieres-37350-le-grand-pressigny

SJane45S Fri 15-May-15 16:47:37

Cheap flights to Nice - get an apartment. The mayor has bankrupted the city and spent millions on doing it up - its fab! My daughter adored it. Take day trips to Villefrance, Cannes, Monaco and Italy.

Iseenodust - Sweden is great, really loved it but if you don't know already (I'm sure you do!), while getting there is reasonable, their prices are absolutely ridiculous. Highly recommend taking sandwich bags in the luggage! An evening meal in a typically priced standard Italian in Stockholm cost us £60 for 2 pizza's, garlic bread and a half carafe of wine.

Buttercupsandaisies Sat 23-May-15 09:09:49

Just get a last min all inclusive. They were going on jet 2 holidays to Majorca last summer school holidays for £1200+ that's based on a family of four all inclusive for a week in a 3-4 star.

I know it's not five star but it's way better than a tent and will work out way cheaper as all inclusive smile

Plus you won't have to watch money. If on a budget, I'd always rather go all inclusive than feel I had to watch my spends with self catering.

Buttercupsandaisies Sat 23-May-15 09:12:21

Actually our most expensive holiday was a euro camp in France as self catering. You can SC cheaper but for us holidays are about not having to worry, cook meals in etc.

Every all inclusive we've had (even five star holiday resorts) have been cheaper than our France euro camp holiday so personally I wouldn't recommend SC at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now