New English speaking mothers in Karlsruhe, Pforzheim or Stuttgart

(13 Posts)
dayice Wed 22-Apr-15 19:02:10

Hi everyone,

We recently moved to Pforzheim - between Karlsruhe and Stuttgart in Germany.
I'm English and my wife is German

We are expecting our first child in a couple of months and would like to make contact with any (English speaking) mums or dads in a similar position near us.

Anybody about?

Or does anybody have any information about groups we could contact?

Hope to hear from some of you!

D & J

efeslight Fri 24-Apr-15 21:38:26

Hello,

Have you looked at the toytown website?

An expat type forum that could help,

Best of luck !

AtomicDog Fri 01-May-15 23:27:46

have a look on the 'living overseas' topic- there's loads of MNers in Germany!

Hi there.

Guess you are nearing the due date or already there? I am living in Pforzheim as well and newly pregnant.
Did you end up finding some groups?

A

dayice Fri 03-Jul-15 09:47:15

Hi!

Didn't check this in a while - had given up a little!
We didn't find any groups. There's something like a coffee morning in Karlsruhe (but it seems to have gone quite quiet and I'm not really sure it's for mums) and some stuff in stuttgart.
We did meet another couple from NZ though.
If you ever want to meet and have a coffee, we'd be more than happy.
Give me a shout!

D

mimi11 Wed 29-Jul-15 11:31:02

Hi Dayice and Canadianingermany,

I am expecting my baby around 28th Sept '15. I would like to meet some mommies or moms-to-be who speak English.

Please let me know if I could meet up with you ladies. My maternity leave starts on 17th august so it would be great to have a social life smile

You can also find me on facebook with: Marhaba von Berg (very German last name :P)

dayice Tue 18-Aug-15 18:04:36

Awesome!
PM me and we'll try and sort something.
D

TaDa22 Tue 10-Nov-15 00:37:50

Hi,
I have recently moved to Karlsruhe, I'm Irish & my partner is German. We have a little girl, she's just gone 2 months. I would love to meet other mothers & would love for my daughter to begin "interacting" with other babies. So please count me in when meeting up.
Look forward to meeting up!
G

mc2730 Wed 20-Apr-16 12:52:26

Hi,

Not sure if there is still anyone interested in meeting up...but i´m gonna give it a try. I have a 1 year old daughter and would love for us to make some friends in Karlsruhe.
Cati

Anyone still interested in meeting up? Or is this thread dead? confused

Aashna22 Fri 08-Jul-16 16:12:02

Hello everyone. So I am from India with two kids ages 4n 3. Might be moving to pfortzeim next year. Wanted to know are there any English speaking schools there for kids? Do people understand English?

Canadian123 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:34:12

Is anyone from pforzheim here??

Hey! I am in Pforzheim. You still interesting in meeting? How old are your kids or kid?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now