List of places that will be warm mid October

(27 Posts)
Frozennortherner Wed 20-Aug-14 17:24:00

Please add to list. So far:

Canaries

Siennasun Wed 20-Aug-14 18:19:18

Sicily? Depends what you mean by warm. Should be low 20s so warm but not hot.

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 20-Aug-14 21:46:04

Thailand
Maldives

I sure it's warm around the equator grin

I know it's scorching in Singapore too but I'm sure you aren't after a city break.

Bakeoffcakes Wed 20-Aug-14 21:48:13

We're looking for the same thing.

Canaries was our first thought too as it's not too long a flight.

ohdearitshappeningtome Wed 20-Aug-14 21:50:23

Turkey and Egypt! Tunisia Morocco,

We're going to Spain hoping it will be warm ish

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 20-Aug-14 21:54:27

It is a ridiculous question really unless you say how far you are wanting to fly and what sort of holiday you are after. FWIW my parents are in Hong Kong. Even at 20" north of the equator, October is still in the high 20s. It doesn't get cold until January. So you are looking at a huge part of the world that's still very warm in mid October. Africa, Asia, America will all have places that fit the description.

WildThong Wed 20-Aug-14 21:55:33

We've been to the Algarve the past 3 Octobers and it's been gorgeous. We were even swimming in the sea.

Maldives is monsoon season in October.....

Think south med, morocco, Cyprus, Malta, Sicily / puglia, canaries ..... Or Red Sea

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 20-Aug-14 22:01:01

Not sure about monsoon! I'm just throwing a bunch of places that are still very very warm in October!

How about Southern USA? Like Florida, Texas, or Louisiana? There's also St Lucia etc if USA isn't your cup of tea?

MagicSwirlinShip Wed 20-Aug-14 22:01:37

Cyprus.

BeyoncesCat Wed 20-Aug-14 22:17:46

What is considered shorthaul?

Frozennortherner Wed 20-Aug-14 22:30:44

Well, I posted this in Shorthaul so I think by definition it's no longer than 3-4 hrs flight. After that I'd consider destinations to longhaul. There! Not so 'ridiculous' after all is it?

Thanks for the more constructive replies. We want beach (mot grey sand like Tenerife though), nightlife and decent restaurants (no British style breakfasts, drunken youngsters)

TheFairyCaravan Wed 20-Aug-14 22:32:49

Cape Verde.

Its mostly hotel based though, so might not be what you're looking for. I think the rainy season is Septemberish.

We went in March and loved it.

BeyoncesCat Wed 20-Aug-14 23:26:58

That's what I was thinking op!! Not ridiculous at all.

BeyoncesCat Wed 20-Aug-14 23:28:35

I would say algarve too btw. Is just adults or kids too?

ninja Wed 20-Aug-14 23:30:17

Watching this - want to go away in half term, not too far, warm enough to do lots of swimming but I'd like there to be other stuff to do. DD1 would like exotic markets and roman/greek ruins if she could!

Probably all inclusive because there'll be 3 kids (5, 6, 11).

Any recommendations?

magentastardust Wed 20-Aug-14 23:34:53

We have been to Algarve in Scottish school holidays-2nd/3rd week of October and weather was good. Short and T shirt weather, warm enough for beach but too cold for swimming.
Would go back at that time of year , not sure what nightlife would be like really though-we were in the Western Algarve area again this summer and even though we aren't very social on holidays there was definitely more of a buzz and atmosphere in Summer , October was very quiet.

Northern Cyprus... You'll get ruins and markets, good beaches and gorgeous scenery but it's not overrun by full English breakfasts like the south tends to be

Frozennortherner Fri 22-Aug-14 06:12:41

It s just adults. I ll look at those suggestions, thanks. So Cyprus and Algarve aren t rainy in mid Oct then?

GalaxyInMyPants Fri 22-Aug-14 06:52:26

Tenerife is only black sand in the north of the island isn't it? I've been to Tenerife and the sand was normal.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 22-Aug-14 06:55:56

I live in the algarve and it can be lovely in October but it can also be showery, so definitely not guaranteed warm and sunny

FeelingIrie Fri 22-Aug-14 07:04:20

Andalucia, Southern Spain should still be lovely. We have been a couple of times in Oct and it has still been really warm, nicer than in July and August when it's just too hot. Seville and Granada are wonderful and the coastline is gorgeous but not mega touristy and whilst you will feel very much in spain in might feel quiet, especially in low season, if you want nightlife. Cities are better for that.

Enjoy your holiday OP!

BitchPeas Fri 22-Aug-14 07:12:42

We are going to Rhodes 3rd week of October. I did a bit of research and apparently between 25-27 seas still warm and only 2 days of rain during the month of October.

Have never been there myself though!

Have been to algarve in October a few times and it is lovely. Had only a day of rain twice.

chickydoo Fri 22-Aug-14 07:26:44

India, (Northern especially)

araminem Fri 22-Aug-14 08:07:22

Malta will be warm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now