Luxury all incl. family-friendly hotel with room service included?!

(41 Posts)
emnn Tue 19-Aug-14 23:52:41

Pre-DC we stayed in an AMAZING all inclusive hotel in Mexico where one of the perks was that the room-service menu was included in the All Inclusive package for no extra charge - 24hrs a day, as much as you liked.

Now we have 2 DC and want to find an AI luxury hotel in Europe, ideally where the room-service menu is included. Strange thing to get hung up over I realise, but its something that for us as a couple (and now as a family) made our holiday easier.

Anyway, other requirements
*Europe, prefer 2ish hour flight rather than 4ish hour flight
*Must be luxury/5-star/very nice - you get the picture!
*Food should be excellent (although we are not fussy eaters)
*Walking distance (preferably), or at most a short taxi ride, to a town/village/somewhere to stroll around
*Be on/very near to a nice beach
*Child friendly, at the time of travel DC would be 5.5 and almost 2yrs
*kids facilities - maybe a crèche, kids pool/splash area, playground areas etc
*Swim up room would be lovely
*2 interconnecting rooms or a family suite type of thing where you have the option of partitioning part of the room off for us (or the DC). i.e. don't want just a bog standard room with the 4 of us in one room.

Have been looking at the Thomson Sensatori hotels but they seem MEGA expensive - £6k for a fortnight in August 2015?!?!?!? Hard to figure out whether they are 'all that' plus they are really over budget. Was hoping to get most things on the wish list for £3k for a fortnight for the 4 of us.

Any suggestions? sorry this is long!

Onedropoflove Tue 19-Aug-14 23:57:57

A cruise maybe? Room service is usually included.

emnn Tue 19-Aug-14 23:59:55

sorry should have said, can't/won't do a cruise! Thanks for trying though smile

escape Wed 20-Aug-14 00:04:00

I can't give you a specific recce, but as someone who has spent an age this year pricing, holidays - admittedly for 5 of us - I think you'll definitely have to compromise with that budget.

PhoebeMcPeePee Wed 20-Aug-14 00:04:07

£3k will barely get you a week in a good 4* AI for a family of 4 in August - for everything on your list I'd expect to pay at least £6k probably more!

kazza446 Wed 20-Aug-14 00:18:59

You are never going to get anything for that budget! Sorry to say it.. I would envisage you will be looking at least £1500ppl for that luxury in summer holidays. It's often just as cheap to do the long haul holidays

emnn Wed 20-Aug-14 00:43:45

Ok thanks all. So if we upped budget lets say to £6k(!) any hotel recommendations? Totally agree we might as well go long haul price-wise but don't want to whilst kids are so young. So just Europe recs for now please!

emnn Wed 20-Aug-14 00:45:00

P.s. Youngest wouldn't yet be 2 so wouldn't need own seat on plane

PhoebeMcPeePee Wed 20-Aug-14 08:21:18

My sister who has 2 kids & previously been to a couple of the sensatori resorts has just come back from Martihal (sp?) in Portugal and it sounds utterly divine but it cost them about £8k for 2 weeks.

emnn Wed 20-Aug-14 09:40:22

Blimey £8k!!!!

HermioneWeasley Wed 20-Aug-14 09:43:25

Can you go outside school holidays? Will reduce the cost considerably.

heather1 Wed 20-Aug-14 09:46:36

What about checking out kinderhotels.ch
I can't remember if room service is included but they are very family friendly.
Kids dinner settings, same table every meal so the children know where to sit, children's buffet etc. baby monitors between room and resturant, kids have own room in the suite,p.
Best holiday every with my children and we didn't want to leave.

PhoebeMcPeePee Wed 20-Aug-14 09:53:26

If you want high end lux for £6k or less I would go out of main school hols time otherwise you may have to compromise on quality, budget or length of holiday. late august & early September tend to be 'cheaper' than earlier in the holidays but it's all relative & probably still double what you'd pay for going in June.

ChickenFajitaAndNachos Wed 20-Aug-14 14:06:17

would having to pay for a few room service meals really be a deal breaker if you are going to be paying 5kplus?

emnn Wed 20-Aug-14 20:56:09

Both teachers so we have to go during school hols hmm

Heels99 Thu 21-Aug-14 09:28:23

Op do check that any crèche takes two year olds as many start at three years old or there is an extra charge for baby are. Try tots too or quo vadis websites for luxury hotels with childcare. Have you checked any of the all inclusives in turkey?

LeBearPolar Thu 21-Aug-14 09:36:23

I must admit, I read your OP and thought 'God, it must be lovely to be able to construct a wish-list like that and clearly not have to worry about money at all.' And then when I realised that your budget was £3K shock

Can't help with hotel recommendations but you could get a gorgeous villa for what you're likely to end up spending. But I suppose if you want room service, self-catering is a no-no!

ChickenFajitaAndNachos Thu 21-Aug-14 10:56:41

They are not all all inclusive but the Sani hotels in Halkidiki could work for you.
There are also quite a few luxury hotels in Coral Bay and Paphos, Cyprus.
I usually find the more luxury the hotel then less is included in the price.

sleepdodger Thu 21-Aug-14 21:42:56

For 3 of us out of season at a first choice holiday village is£1700...your budgetor expectation need to change!!

sleepdodger Thu 21-Aug-14 21:43:39

Also at that price Caribbean and Dubai can be cheaper

summerlovingliz Fri 22-Aug-14 11:38:26

Sensatori is lovely.. I'm sure you can get a standard room for around £3000 for 4 of u in school hols

Heels99 Fri 22-Aug-14 11:53:25

Really summer loving? For two weeks in august?

LeBearPolar Fri 22-Aug-14 15:54:04

OK: just done a quick search on Thomson and the cheapest Sensatori holiday for a family of 4, AI, in one room in August is £4207. That's Sensatori Fethiye in Turkey.

summerlovingliz Fri 22-Aug-14 16:38:46

Oh no I think for one wk it might be just about doable but maybe that was for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 under 2

NotMrsTumble Fri 22-Aug-14 18:48:16

We managed 2 weeks AI at a first choice holiday village but it was 5.5k (and that was including online discount) for two weeks before the English schools broke up (Scottish holidays are earlier). The food was good but not excellent, & I really think the price includes facilities your dc are too young to enjoy - high ropes etc. I suppose the room service thing would be good so you could have drinks / dinner in your room while the dc were asleep, but I've never come across it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now