5k for 2 weeks in Aug. AI. 4*. Great reviews. Scenic resort.

(34 Posts)
Magic7 Fri 11-Jul-14 12:54:15

I am burning up so much time. Can't find a thing. Everything is about 8k. We would love to go to Paphos or Turkey. Majorca is fine. Need two rooms, AI, 2 weeks in August. Main thing is i want a good hotel with great reviews. London flights. Great for small kids. We have four little ones. I think I'll have to give up the search.

Travel agents are coming up with nothing. Anyone willing to help a stranger? : ))))

ChickenFajitasAndNachos Fri 11-Jul-14 18:31:05

Did you have any joy on Travel Republic?

littlequestion Fri 11-Jul-14 20:42:02

Ooh I love looking for holidays. How old are your dc?I couldn't find a two week holiday for your budget but first choice have 11 nights for £5190 at the 4 star Grand Zaman Beach in Alanya on Aug 8 from Stansted

Magic7 Fri 11-Jul-14 20:57:17

Oooh, little questi

Magic7 Fri 11-Jul-14 21:01:52

.....I got so excited I hit 'send' too quickly. Someone who enjoys looking for holidays??? Really????? I'll reward you with a huge box of chocs if I book something!!!!!!

Dh is dead fussy. Only wants a great 4* or 5* and half board or AI. We have four children 9 and under. And can go from any London. Really want to go to great hotel in Cyprus, Turkey, Greece or Majorca. That's it really. Oh, and I really love the look of the Louis hotels : )))))))

Can you help???? I've been surfing for days and got nowhere.

linadee26 Fri 11-Jul-14 21:02:10

We've found travel super market to be brilliant! Really good search features.

Magic7 Fri 11-Jul-14 21:02:56

Oh, I forgot my darling infant. He has to come too : ))))

littlequestion Fri 11-Jul-14 21:05:55

Hang on - is that four dc or four dc and a baby?

littlequestion Fri 11-Jul-14 21:20:40

Ok, if there's seven of you, you can do a fortnight at the Louis Colossos Beach in Rhodes for £5691 Four star and four star on Trip Advisor too. Aug 9 from Gatwick - with first choice, AI. It's a couple of hundred cheaper if you go on Aug 19 but you will be pushing it to make the first day back at school

Magic7 Fri 11-Jul-14 22:19:45

Hey, you're good smile))).

Hotel looks a bit dated so I don't think I can convince dh to spend 6k+ here (he wants to buy a car instead).

But he would be convinced by the following wish list of hotels.

Riu Guarana

Louis Zante
Louis Corcyra
Louis Phaethon
Louis Ledra
Louis Imperial

Atlantic Aeneas

Grecotel Kos?
Aquila Rithymna
Imperial Thalasso.

Need to stay very close to the 5K mark. Can go later in August but would need to be back by Sep 2. We really want to go for two weeks : ))))

So....Little Question - are you able to rise to the challenge. Box of chocolates is getting bigger.......

ihatethecold Fri 11-Jul-14 22:36:28

Just got back from Louis patheon in Pafos.
Great food. Pools. Crap beach. Nice sea. Tired rooms but fantastic service.

littlequestion Fri 11-Jul-14 23:18:24

Hotel mares mar marks five star 5853 August 7 gatwick AI first choice. Bit over your budget but looks nice

Olympic holidays has the 4 star sesin hotel marmaris 4902 August 4

Magic7 Fri 11-Jul-14 23:25:52

Thank you little question. Can't believe you're doing this for a stranger. Mares Mar is too much : ((( and Sesin gets bad reviews on tripadvisor. I'm sorry. Perhaps it's me afterall!!!!! I just showed my husband the facade of the Protur Badia and he's just screwed his face up and said he prefers a white washed hotel. See what I'm up against. Oh, and I've discounted Morocco - too many tummy upsets going on.

littlequestion Fri 11-Jul-14 23:49:36

Gah I give up. You can probably do 11 days for that or self cater...or go to Benidorm?

Magic7 Sat 12-Jul-14 00:14:32

Oh no. Another one bites the dust : ))). Thanks Little Question. Totally appreciate your time. Many thanks. Not going to give up yet though. Last year we managed to get the Grand Azur in Turkey 5* for £4200 14 nights. It was lovely. But it took me ages. I promised never again.

ChickenFajitasAndNachos Sat 12-Jul-14 08:40:44

Go somewhere fab for a week then.

littlequestion Sat 12-Jul-14 10:39:46

Really, Magic? How late did you book and who with? I usually book early but am tempted to risk it if there are such bargains to be had.

Magic7 Sat 12-Jul-14 16:42:47

Little question - please don't EVER leave it late. It's painful. It's stressful. It's tedious. And it makes a holiday brochure look like a school text book!!!!

There aren't really bargains to be had. As I'm finding out. I was lucky with that one. It was with Thomas Cook but we left before the schools broke up. Can't do that this year.

Next year I will lay back with a glass of wine and flick through a lovely brochure with a few dips and snacks beside me. Next year. Hold on, didn't I say that last year.

Determined to book in the next couple of days. Restricted myself to Majorca, Cyprus and Greece and Fuerterventura. The whole world is too big when sitting in my lounge. Would ask dh for help but won't dare say a word as he would probably say "let's stay at home and get a car". Kids are relying on me. And there's the small matter of me desperately wanting a holiday.

littlequestion Sun 13-Jul-14 14:35:47

Magic, is anything here any good? Have found flights for £143 so factor that in

The Iberostar Royal Cristina in Playa de Palma and the one below re four star with four star on Trip Advisor

www.bookableholidays.com/wrap-accom-search.php?resort=*&rating=4&board_basis=*&hotel_name=*

Marrow Sun 13-Jul-14 14:49:31

I've just put in some dates with Thompson. You can get Louis Family Resort in Corfu for £6370 in August. Less if your youngest is under 2.

littlequestion Sun 13-Jul-14 14:50:08

Sol Guadalupe Hotel in Magaluf on that list I linked to looks good. Four star, with four and a half star on Trip Advisor.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 13-Jul-14 15:04:56

But not Magaluf for a family holiday?

lucidlady Sun 13-Jul-14 15:12:04

Have you looked at Aphrodite Hills in Paphos?

ChickenFajitaAndNachos Sun 13-Jul-14 15:12:17

I think for �800 per head, 2 weeks, all inclusive peak time it's a case of whatever is available.

littlequestion Sun 13-Jul-14 17:43:26

Sorry Magic, just realised that the link I posted is the search page rather than the results page. I put in Aug 2 and aug 9 from Gatwick to Majorca for 14 days, four star and it came up with those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now