Eurocamp or Similar without a Car - ?

(4 Posts)
Theonlyoneiknow Thu 24-Apr-14 14:10:22

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has done this kind of holiday without a car? ie/ flying to the nearest airport then using public transport to get there? Am thinking of going for 10 days with 2 DC and will have to fly as we live 12hrs drive from the nearest ferry terminal.

Also when we are there figure we won't really need a car as will be spending the 10 days by the pool or on the beach?

Thanks!
TOOIK

itwillgetbettersoon Thu 24-Apr-14 18:47:11

I flew to Pisa last summer with my two kids and caught a train and short taxi ride to a great campsite parc albatros. We stayed with canvas as they had a fab family/kids club.

This year flying to Venice and staying in a eurocamp tent on the Venetian riveria so bus and river taxi to get to campsite.

It is easy and a real adventure for children.

Shockers Thu 24-Apr-14 18:58:05

We're flying to Beziers in June and going to a Eurocamp site that's not far from the airport. We're only going for a week though.

In summer we're going to The Ardeche for longer, but I think the car will be a necessity for that one.

PortofinoRevisited Sat 26-Apr-14 07:49:57

Cap D'Adge and Vias Plage/Serignan Plage are all a short taxi ride from Beziers Airport. I know Vias has everything you need - shops/bars/restuarants/mini golf/huge funfair/beach etc within easy walking distance. We also did Union Lido with a taxi from Venice. We've also been to Parc Albatros - though we did take the car that time. There is plenty to do in site though so easy enough without one - and they run excursions.

We are off to the Ardeche this summer, shockers - where abouts are you going?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now