Swimming trunks in France

(12 Posts)
Asheth Wed 23-Apr-14 11:36:51

We're camping in France this summer and lots of the sites say no shorts in the pool. So have to get the DSs kitted out with swimming trunks! But are trunks like these ok?
fitted boxer short style

Or do they have to be proper speedo style trunks more like this
speedo style

Tommy Wed 23-Apr-14 11:38:44

those ones are probably fine IME. Get some skinny speedos for your Dh though and then sit back and giggle inappropriately (or was that just me?! grin)

Fuckalella Wed 23-Apr-14 11:48:34

The boxer short ones should be fine, they were in our case a couple of years ago. I do think they differ between parks though so best to check if you can. DH was horrified at the thought to start with but by the end of the holiday I couldn't get him out of them!

NomDeClavier Wed 23-Apr-14 11:52:45

Boxers are fine, board short styles aren't. Basically if you can see the ahem 'equipment' they're tight enough.

yourlittlesecret Wed 23-Apr-14 15:06:59

My two teenage boys refused to consider a French holiday in case they were made to wear speedos grin.

Asheth Wed 23-Apr-14 22:36:34

Thank you everyone - the DSs will be very relieved! grin

grin at Tommy'sidea,but sadly DH already has some very boring speedo style trunks, as he's taken school groups to France.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 24-Apr-14 10:39:10

I had no idea men had to wear speedos in pools in France! There is no way DH would ever wear those so I guess we wont ever be going to France - lol

What is the reasoning behind it?

NomDeClavier Thu 24-Apr-14 11:43:31

Board shorts can be worn other places which is unhygienic. It's only in public or campsite pools.

kaizen Thu 24-Apr-14 11:51:31

www.simplyswim.com/products/Speedo/FlipturnsSciFi14cmTrunk-BlackandPink.aspx

these are cool grin

Seriously though, I'm a swimmer and blokes now try to outdo one another as to the brightest trunks - you get used to seeing it after a while.....

kaizen Thu 24-Apr-14 11:55:01

or these if he wants them longer grin

www.simplyswim.com/products/Speedo/Endurance10AlloverJammerPrint1-BlackandWatermelon.aspx

sorry - not helpful - I'm off now.......

Nocomet Thu 24-Apr-14 12:08:37

Go to Spain!
Although we did get a large elderly block in speedos on the boat trip. Not a good look when there is food involved.

rookiemater Thu 24-Apr-14 21:51:01

The shorts look ok - apparently lycra is more hygenic than baggy shorts hmm which is why they insist on it. There was a funny photo at the spa place at our ski resort with a picture of swimming shorts with a big X on them and a Non! beside them.

How about these www.tvstoreonline.com/boratthong.html to make an impact at the pool ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now