Greek island holiday stress

(13 Posts)
greyvix Sun 13-Apr-14 18:44:27

I am getting in a state over whether to go to Cephalonia (same place as last year, near Fiscardo) or Lefkas. Help me decide!

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Mon 14-Apr-14 14:38:28

Kefalonia! Lefkas is very hot and not as pretty IMHO.

CuntyBunty Mon 14-Apr-14 14:40:13

Kephalonia. So beautiful. We need to go back there. I love it.

greyvix Mon 14-Apr-14 20:29:29

Good response. Thank you! The villa we found in Lefkas is beautiful, but the Kefalonia one faces west so we get the sunset, which is always a bonus. Thanks for help with the decision.

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Mon 14-Apr-14 20:34:44

Kefalonia, definitely! Love it there.

JillJ72 Mon 14-Apr-14 21:48:30

Lefkada is lovely! We stayed near Tsoukalades.

singaporefling Mon 14-Apr-14 22:28:34

Am planning a trip with DD20 when she finishes studying in July - we usually go to a beautiful place in Turkey called Kalkan, but fancied a change for our girly-trip. Not too lively/good beach/few shops/nice place to stroll and eat in the evenings. Would Kefalonia fit the bill?

greyvix Mon 14-Apr-14 23:37:01

We also know Kalkan. Kefalonia would fit the bill, particularly Fiscardo. Beaches are not particularly sandy in the north, but very pretty. It would be a good base for a trip.

singaporefling Mon 14-Apr-14 23:48:21

Thanks greyvix ! Will look at flights now smile

girlywhirly Tue 15-Apr-14 14:34:42

We stay in Scala, Kefalonia.

If you fancy a boat trip, go to Ithaca. Lovely little artisan shops and nice restaurants. An organised trip will take you to both of the main towns and a couple of swim stops usually.

I've been to both, very similar IMO.

greyvix Tue 15-Apr-14 17:15:42

Thank you for the input. Has anyone taken the boat from Fiscardo to Vassiliki- thinking another day out.
Thanks

greyvix Tue 15-Apr-14 17:45:29

Kefalonia now booked, so the pressure is over. We have stayed in Scala before, and near Assos more recently. It's all very lovely and low-key. I would like to visit Lefkas though; we stayed there once before, 30 years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now