Three people in June, a beach, under £900 inc. flights - AIBU?

(24 Posts)
abc12345 Thu 10-Apr-14 15:30:09

P.s. I absolutely love kefalonia but don't underestimate how steep it is down to the beach. It's a beautiful island but choose where your accommodation is wisely if you've got a little one

abc12345 Thu 10-Apr-14 15:26:44

We've just booked union lido near Venice through bolero holidays and easyjet flights for about that price for 4 of us

LeBearPolar Fri 04-Apr-14 22:07:17

Barcelona is lovely but don't swim in the sea there: it made me terribly ill. Sitges should be fine though.

Ooo I really want to go to Barcelona smile hope you have a lovely time. Don't forget your ehic cards!

DancingLady Fri 04-Apr-14 21:09:48

Have booked - using amazing flight finder tool from money saving expert - flights to Barcelona, will stay in Sitges (30 mins away, amazing beaches, family-friendly) in airbnb apartment. Flights to Greece were all £400+ for the three of us, whereas 3 flights to Barcelona were £250, leaving/arriving in daytime, and the flat we've booked is by the beach. JOB DONE. Thanks for all the tips - think I'll really need to get organised for next year!

BeerHunter Thu 03-Apr-14 18:46:43

Should have also asked what board basis/star rating.

On the beach or near?

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Thu 03-Apr-14 12:49:20

DIY - search for flights from London to Greece on Skyscanner for the whole month of June - they worked out at �350 for Corfu and then accomodation on Booking.com - definitely doable.

DancingLady Thu 03-Apr-14 12:44:25

Flying from any London airport. Spotty I'm sort of in a panic as I know prices will only go up! Want to get this booked asap... LePolar I'll look closely at Kefalonia. Just really want a holiday to look forward to! Thanks for all the tips.

LeBearPolar Thu 03-Apr-14 12:40:33

Kefalonia is very unlikely to attract the stag night crowds: it's not one of the islands which is known for its nightlife. We stayed in Lassi each time we went and it is pretty peaceful! The beaches there are brilliant for kids because they shelve very gently, so you can wade for ages before getting out of your depth.

Just looked at our holiday and it's gone up by over £600 since we booked shock

BeerHunter Thu 03-Apr-14 12:30:07

Where would you like to fly from?

overthemill Thu 03-Apr-14 12:22:47

do you mean all inclusive ie meals hotel and flight or do you mean hotel and flight?

greece would be doable i think for that price - we usually go may half term. Try First Choice for all inclusive (Corfu would be chep) or else Olympic Holidays who do an 'allocated on arrival' which we've sed twoce with kids, very successfully. You choose the general area (so Preveza airport would get you Parga, lefkas, sivota i think; corfu airport: corfu and paxos) and then they tell you when you land where you will be Very often it's a way of test running newly signed up hotels and you get an absolute bargain. Also used Hays Travel in the past who were helpful.

DancingLady Thu 03-Apr-14 12:22:35

LePolarBear, have you stayed at any of those? I've never been to Greece so no idea which parts or islands are good for kids! Don't want to end up with a load of stag/hen nights...

LeBearPolar Thu 03-Apr-14 12:20:20

If you're prepared to self-cater, and shop around for free child places, it seems definitely doable.

LeBearPolar Thu 03-Apr-14 12:19:06

Or Kefalonia for £883.

Can you tell we love Kefalonia? grin Have been three times now.

LeBearPolar Thu 03-Apr-14 12:17:40

Or Kefalonia again for £984.

LeBearPolar Thu 03-Apr-14 12:16:29

It's self-catering but Lassi has plenty of places to eat and beautiful beaches with clear blue seas. Kefalonia is a pretty island with plenty to see if you hire a car.

DancingLady Thu 03-Apr-14 12:15:36

Thanks - will check out firstchoice and lastminute. Doesn't help that my DH is unrealistic and at first said our budget was £500!! We really want to do a foreign holiday before DD starts school as after that it may be out of our budget. Prisoner will look at Tunisia too, thanks.

LeBearPolar Thu 03-Apr-14 12:15:07

Kefalonia for £989?

Drquin Thu 03-Apr-14 12:11:26

Lastminute.com threw up one week in June / London to chania etc for just under £900, so do-able just depends on what standard of accommodation you want etc etc

Oh and from Gatwick, leaving at 7am arriving back in the uk at 2pm which I think are pretty good flight times, usually you get one 2am one!

We're fling to tsilivi in Zante in June AI for one week. It's costing just under £1200 for two adults, one child and an infant. That was the cheapest we could find really. That's with first choice.

ThePrisonerOfAzkaban Thu 03-Apr-14 12:06:54

It is doable look at tunsina, I found some great deals last week all inclusive at a 4 star hotel for £800. That was flying from any Midlands airport first week of June and with Thomas Cook.

DancingLady Thu 03-Apr-14 11:59:30

Am I being unrealistic? Trying to book a week in the sun for me, DH and nearly 4-yo DD. Found some lovely places in Chania, on Crete, but flights are about £500 for the three of us. Is this the norm or is there somewhere I'm not looking?

I phoned a travel agent and asked for an all-inclusive holiday for 3 for the same price and he almost hung up on me grin so maybe I need to up my budget.

Any help much appreciated! We're flexible on dates (late May, all of June) and just want somewhere with a nice beach and under 4 hours from London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now