All inclusive in June?

(8 Posts)
DrownedGirl Wed 02-Apr-14 23:37:25

We are hoping to have a week away without the children, in early June. Want somewhere lazy, hot, pool, good food, all inclusive. Preferably from heathrow or Luton

Amy ideas? Looked at Turkey and Tunisia but it's hard to see the wood for the trees.

Thanks

Budgiegirlbob Thu 03-Apr-14 08:15:30

Turkey is good for all inclusives, big choice, range of budgets. We stayed last year at Gural Premier in Belek, and enjoyed it so much we are going again this year.

Pros were that it had activities/club for all ages including teens, fab food, lovely cocktails, refurbished family rooms, waterpark, sports facilities.

Cons were that the beach was just so-so, some activities ie archery were not available to kids, the kids club was predominantly German (but my 8 year old didn't mind this), there was no a la carte restaurant (but food in all other restaurants was so good, this didn't bother us)

There weren't many British guests, but we quite liked that.

Budgiegirlbob Thu 03-Apr-14 14:35:40

Aaargh, just noticed you said without the children! Ignore the above, I'd say that the Gural is probably best suited to a family holiday.

In that case, maybe check out Thomas Cook, they have a section with adult only hotels. We had a fab week in Mexico once without the children, in an adult only hotel, it was bliss!

DrownedGirl Thu 03-Apr-14 19:38:07

Thanks

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 04-Apr-14 10:01:18

Turkey is only really good for AI if you pay for 5*, the cheaper budget AI hotels are not up to much.

There are some very good high end hotels though. WOW Bodrum has excellent reviews and is close to a resort so you don't have to be stuck in the hotel all the time.

loopsngeorge Fri 04-Apr-14 22:49:39

We are going to Club Letoonia in Fethiye in May, but next door is the Hillside Beach Club which is 5* and looks more couplesy. Everyone seems to think the weather is best May/June time in Turkey.

Perfectlypurple Fri 04-Apr-14 22:51:44

I agree turkey is good. It's cheap too. If you don't want the same food each night just eat out a couple of nights. Hisaronu area is lovely. The town is very cheesy but it's fun.

Perfectlypurple Fri 04-Apr-14 22:53:42

Fethiye is close to hisaronu and not so cheesy I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now