Loire weather June

(10 Posts)
pico1 Wed 02-Apr-14 10:59:57

Does anyone have an idea of what the weather would be like in the Loire at the end of June beginning of July? Will be travelling alone with DCs 5 and 8. Certainly don't need scorching heat but would prefer if it was warm enough for swimming. Thanks.

frenchfancy Wed 02-Apr-14 13:10:01

It is the best time of year to go IMO. But if you are looking for somewhere with a pool make sure it is heated. Cheated pools are surprisingly chilly.

castlesintheair Wed 02-Apr-14 13:16:46

Well it's 21c and sunny here today. Last June was a bit mixed but it started to get very warm towards the end of the month. The DCs were in the pool (heated) every day after school by then.

pico1 Wed 02-Apr-14 17:38:56

Thanks so much. Logis du Pressoir have availability for that week so it seems to good to pass up!

PortofinoRevisited Wed 02-Apr-14 22:14:11

Ooh - I have been there - it's lovely!

PortofinoRevisited Wed 02-Apr-14 22:15:11

The pool is heated. The garden is fabulous.

pico1 Thu 03-Apr-14 11:54:12

Thanks PortofinoRevisited, it sounds great. Is there anything in particular that you would recommend in the area?

PortofinoRevisited Thu 03-Apr-14 12:50:26

The zoo at Doue La Fontaine is not to be missed. About 45 min drive as I recall. Linky It is built into an old quarry and is the best zoo/animal park I have ever been to. You kind of walk under/over/through it. Saumur was nice for a day out. To tell the truth we went there for a week after 2 weeks of much sightseeing in the Dordogne - and we just chillled for a week.

One day we planned to go to a local fun park, but dd was having so much fun in the tree house with the other kids, she didn't want to go. I was forced to go and sit by the pool with my book. grin We saw lots of bats and squirrels and even a deer in the garden one day. The bread van comes each morning - so you get to chat with other dishelvelled parties in their pyjamas. The houses are really well equipped and the wifi worked perfectly. Welcome pack was a lovely touch.

pico1 Thu 03-Apr-14 18:01:05

Sounds even better than I thought! Thanks again.

energyfirst Fri 04-Apr-14 00:44:01

What about yelloh campsite.in loire?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now