Geneva advice pls

(5 Posts)
Jamrollypolly Mon 31-Mar-14 16:21:07

Hi

We are going to Geneva (dh, dd 13 & DS 8) over Easter for 4 nights. We will be staying just over the border in Ferney Voltaire but have hired a car and are ready to explore Switzerland.

I would appreciate any tips/advice about visiting Switzerland. Is there anything we have to see?

bonvivant Mon 31-Mar-14 21:49:30

Take a trip up to Mont Blanc
Annecy is a very pretty French town in the area
Lausanne also worth a trip

I lived in Geneva but haven't been back in a while. It's really about the scenery although I did enjoy the tour around the United Nations.

bonvivant Mon 31-Mar-14 21:49:59

PS nearly everything shuts down on a Sunday

Ujjayi Wed 02-Apr-14 23:19:30

Chateau de Chillon is a stunning castle on the lake - close to Montreaux. It's one of my favourite places to visit with my DCs.

Agree Annecy is lovely.

ChasedByBees Wed 02-Apr-14 23:29:18

You can visit CERN if that's your kind of thing - tram 18 from the centre goes there, it's the last stop so nice and easy. It has a visitor centre and can have more in depth things if you book in advance.

Walking along the lake is lovely, a great way to spend an afternoon.

There is also a world heritage site vineyard along from Geneva, wind has been made in that region since Roman times, that was stunning. I've attached a couple of photos from my last visit. I can try and find the name of the place in the morning, but it's on the world heritage site list (searchable by location and map).

Let me know if you want to know more about CERN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now