Staying in Loire Valley for 5 days, where can I go fro 2 more days from there to fill up the week

(5 Posts)
energyfirst Sun 30-Mar-14 11:15:42

Staying in Loire Valley for 5 days, where can I go fro 2 more days from there to fill up the week? we have 2 kids 5 and 2 yo... shall we try a camp site somewhere towards south? thanks

Sixtiesqueen Sun 30-Mar-14 23:02:48

Disneyland Paris? Cognac?

Lovage Wed 02-Apr-14 09:25:50

I wouldn't drive South for only 2 days - too much driving for not enough time in the place, for me anyway! Normandy is lovely (and more on your way home if you are driving back to Channel ports). South Normandy is pretty and full of crepes and cider and calvados. Rouen is a nice city with good city-type things to do. The Normandy beaches are good and your 5 yr old might enjoy the Bayeux tapestry.

castlesintheair Wed 02-Apr-14 13:26:09

Depending on where you are staying in The Loire and how you are getting home, I'd go to a beach in Brittany and Normandy as suggested above. La Rochelle at a push.

lazypepper Mon 07-Apr-14 13:14:26

Normandy? Or Picardy? Or somewhere near to Paris or Disneyland Paris?

It depends which ferry crossing you are taking?

Last year we did Dover-Calais - drove down to Bayeux for two nights -then down to the Loire to stay for a week.

So to do similar in reverse would be easy enough.

Don't go any further south - it'll be a lot of driving to get back to the ferry ports.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now