Holiday ideas for family with teenage ds,s nr coastline at Barcelona area-ish...please help!

(9 Posts)
ssd Sat 29-Mar-14 10:49:13

First of all, apologies for anyone who has replied to me before, I,ve had trouble with internet and pc,s and am so mixed up with it all I,m starting from scratch!! Also I,m typing on ds,s mini iPad so again alpologies for the horrendous punctuation and typing errors!

Basically i,m looking to find a good resort or villa or even just destination for a holiday for me, dh and two teenage boys who would enjoy some water sports that aren't too expensive!, and lots to look at, but no culture or nightclubs....we don't sit at a pool all day and we are rubbish at joining in, we like to wander around and do our owN thing. Maybe near Barcelona as they'd love to visit the nou camp. I,d like a decent hotel and maybe half board as I,ve spent the last 15 years self catering usually in the rain...and am sick of that so have saved up £2300 to spend on a holiday. It would be from Glasgow although we,d drive to Manchester or Blackpool if it made it less pricey. Leaving after 27 June for one week. Kids 13 and 16. Would love a pool too, also hopefully two rooms as dh,s snoring drives the kids mad!!!

If anyone could give me a head start or advice I,d be really grateful, this will be our one family Spain holiday and am really hoping it all works out!

Thanks so much for any replies and like I said, sorry if I.m repeating myself here, but am really muddled.

Martorana Sat 29-Mar-14 10:52:31

Sitges. Fits all your criteria- including being a short train ride to Barcelona - except having no nightlife- there is plenty! But you don't have to join in!

FriskyMare Sat 29-Mar-14 10:56:57

I know you said hotel, but we have stayed twice at a campsite called Playa Bara near Tarragona, about 50k from Barcelona. Great pool, loads of sports facilities, 5 minute walk to lovely beach. We went with friends and all four dc (10-14) loved it.

ssd Sat 29-Mar-14 11:54:06

thanks, have checked out playa bara but they only have maxi tents left, there is another campsite that looks good but think we'd need a car there, its called the Camping Cypsela, have you heard of it frisky?

sitges, I've heard of this but dont know much about it, except its the gay capital of europe, or am I wrong blush?

Shosha1 Sat 29-Mar-14 11:54:18

Escondido Tarragona. It's also near to Salou for the PortaAventura theme Park.

Shosha1 Sat 29-Mar-14 11:54:51

That should say second Tarragona smile

ssd Sat 29-Mar-14 11:57:52

is that a place shosha or a hotel?

Shosha1 Sat 29-Mar-14 12:06:15

Port Aventura is a place near Salou, about 2 hours south of Barcalona

We fly into Reus which is closer.

Sorry I don't know any hotels DB lives near there so stay with him.

Teenage DGD loves it there, lovely beaches as well as the Park

ssd Sat 29-Mar-14 12:27:23

martorana, is there anywhere you'd recommend to stay in Sitges?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now