Where in Greece in May with 21m old?

(6 Posts)
Victoria2002 Fri 28-Mar-14 22:46:52

Apologies if this has been done to death, I have tried to search previous threads.
Although DS is only 21m I have to go on holiday during May half term, so late booking and expensive-gotta decide soon!
I'd love your tips on which towns or resorts, more so than which hotel or Island.
I am dreaming of renting an apartment in a place where there are:
Tavernas/shops but not too noisy/chavvy,
Beside a lovely beach,
Direct flight from London,
A place where we can use the pram easily to walk along the waterfront to beach/restaurants.
Maybe kids play park?
Thanks in advance.

Onykahonie Fri 28-Mar-14 23:32:20

San Stefanos, Corfu or Troulos, Skiathos would tick most of your boxes. I can't remember about playgrounds, but we took our kids to both when they were little.

Victoria2002 Sat 29-Mar-14 08:17:48

Thank you onykahonie

BuzzardBird Sat 29-Mar-14 08:23:36

Can recommend kassioppi in Corfu, alykes in zante. Both of these places we managed to find nice apartments with pools and beach at the end of the pool with walking distance to restaurants. Both practically zero on the football shirt count official scale (my personal way of rating how chavvy a resort is). Look for paradise apartments in alykes, highly recommended, very good with little ones there.

Victoria2002 Sat 29-Mar-14 12:10:38

smile buzzardbird re football shirt count-that SO disappointed DP when we spent a fortune on the Maldives when I was 5m pregnant.

BuzzardBird Sun 30-Mar-14 04:33:50

Oh, that's bad. We didn't have that where we went but that was 8 years ago and I think it has changed a great deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now