Best place for October half term

(11 Posts)
ChoudeBruxelles Sun 23-Mar-14 19:56:26

We've never been on an all inclusive holiday but fancy somewhere warm toward the end of the year as we're not having a summer holiday. I want to go and relax and think an all inclusive is prob a good idea (we normally book an apartment and flights etc separately). Any recommendations for resorts/ countries? Don't want anywhere noisey.

bonvivant Wed 26-Mar-14 20:32:15

Egypt is fab that time of year - depends though if you are prepared to travel there at the mo.

adifferentwoman Sat 29-Mar-14 18:35:46

We didn't do all incl. but we did go to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote last year at that time and it was wonderfully warm. Going to go back again this year.

rookiemater Sat 29-Mar-14 20:46:35

We always go to Tenerife for the Oct half term, temperature is really nice. We don't do AI but our friends usually stay at the First Choice Tenerife resort and highly recommend it.

Emjp Sun 30-Mar-14 19:42:27

We're going for pathos, Cyprus for October half term - all the club / busy bar scene will be finished by then, the Louis hotel chain look good for AI hols

sergeantmajor Mon 07-Apr-14 13:37:31

We went on an all inclusive for the first time last summer and absolutely loved it - Gloria in Turkey (here is a link). I would imagine that it would still be one of the warmest places in the Med in October. Aphrodite Hills in Cyprus (another link) could also be good, or you could try the Canaries which is sunny pretty much year-round.

MyVegasBaby Sat 10-May-14 22:33:30

We went to the First Choice holiday village in Paphos last October half term. First time AI, lovely complex, v near to beach and a nice coastal walk if you want to get out and great for kids. Lovely weather.

GreenShadow Mon 12-May-14 13:55:26

You can't guarantee nice weather even in the Canary Islands.

We went to Tenerife one October and had very mixed weather - some very pleasant days, but also some with rain and some quite cool.

kslatts Mon 12-May-14 21:23:09

I would opt for the canary islands

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 14-May-14 18:10:48

Turkey is very hit and miss at the end of October, it could be nice and hot but it could also rain and it gets very cold at night that time of year. I think Egypt or Canary Islands would be warmer.

I don't do AI though, we always book flights and accommodation separately.

TheFairyCaravan Wed 14-May-14 18:16:05

Cape Verde is gorgeous.

We went here in March.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now