Santorini - when to go and spending money

(7 Posts)
stonehairbrush Sun 23-Mar-14 16:49:37

We're thinking of going to Santorini for our overdue honeymoon but can't decide whether to go in June or September - any advice please? I've heard the water warms up over the summer but we aren't big sea swimmers so not sure that matters much.

We're looking at a week for £1,000 B&B for a nice hotel with good reviews. Does anyone know how much spending money we should take?

TIA.

stonehairbrush Sun 23-Mar-14 16:50:08

Should have said it's £1,000 each of course.

Betrayedbutsurvived Sun 23-Mar-14 17:20:21

Oh santorini is so nice, stay in Oia or Thira, either June or September would be nice. As for spends, as much as you can, it can be very expensive.

specialsubject Mon 24-Mar-14 16:40:41

obviously you don't take spending money, you just tell your bank where you are going and use ATMs, take an initial float of E100 or so.

eating out in places with stunning views will cost a lot more than places without, and the food will be better in the places without the views.

not much else you need money for, really.

fyefoot Mon 24-Mar-14 16:43:06

We went in May and the weather was amazing and also stayed in Oia. It was really expensive though but beautiful and well worth it.

stonehairbrush Mon 24-Mar-14 17:28:18

Thanks. By 'take' spending money just wondering how much we should budget really. I think a week is going to work out more pp than two weeks in the Caribbean!smile

omama Thu 27-Mar-14 14:26:16

I went in September - was still pretty warm. Only thing we found was that a lot of the bars etc had already closed up for winter. We hired a car & found an amazing restaurant right in the middle of the island, on high ground. It was octagonal in shape & had panoramic sea views & did the best mezze. Oia was beautiful too. Enjoy!x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now