Travelling via Eurotunnel from London, Easter Sunday. Crazy?

(10 Posts)
clubnail Tue 18-Mar-14 23:59:18

We are hoping to do Disneyland Paris just after Easter, and I have been pricing things up. It's cheaper the week starting Easter Monday than the following week, and we don't really want to go much later than that.

Are we totally crazy to think of driving on Easter Sunday from London to Dover? I am mainly concerned about being stuck in traffic and missing our booking across. Or will most people not be travelling out of London to Dover on Easter Sunday?

clubnail Wed 19-Mar-14 09:34:46

Bump!

plantsitter Wed 19-Mar-14 10:07:40

I dunno obviously but I imagine it won't be too bad because there won't be all the lorries driving across as usual. Don't know what part of London you're in but at least you know they won't be doing 'operation stack' on the A21 (or maybe a20 cant renember!)

clubnail Wed 19-Mar-14 10:18:32

Ah, that's hopeful, thanks!

Anyone else?

magimedi Wed 19-Mar-14 10:40:12

I think if you leave London early - by which I mean no later than 7am you will be fine.

clubnail Wed 19-Mar-14 11:24:44

Eek!!!

princessalbert Wed 19-Mar-14 21:13:15

I would have thought most families would depart before the weekend Good Friday - or the Saturday?

Just set off in plenty of time. Better to be hanging about than miss your slot.

eurochick Wed 19-Mar-14 21:15:18

It depends. If it's sunny there will be an exodus to the South Coast. If the weather's crap, it will be fine.

clubnail Thu 20-Mar-14 13:25:43

Great, thank you for thoughts.

OnGoldenPond Sat 29-Mar-14 17:24:20

Just remember most things will be shut in France on Easter Sunday. Not even the hypermarkets will be open.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now