Italy with a 6 month old

(7 Posts)
Smerlin Tue 18-Mar-14 22:30:36

Hi! We are looking to take our baby to Italy in June. We were thinking Lakes or Sardinia- nerds to be self catering but don't think our finances will stretch to a villa for just the three of us. Has anyone been anywhere really baby-friendly? Quite apprehensive about first trip abroad with a baby!

PortofinoRevisited Wed 19-Mar-14 08:57:51

We stayed herehere in Sardinia when dd was 15 months. It was fabulous. We had a 2 room apartment, with plenty of room for a cot in the bedroom, and a kitchenette/living area - these are bargainous in June! 350 - 500 euros per week. We also went in June and it wasn't crowded at all - no trouble getting a sunbed. You can use all the hotel facilities and they operate on a cash free system for food and drinks. Plenty of high chairs in the restuarant - and lots of places to eat nearby. There are some stunning beaches nearby.

moggar Tue 25-Mar-14 12:31:17

have a look at Villa Pia in Tuscany, it caters for everything for young babies and you get some relaxation too !!

Bunbaker Tue 25-Mar-14 20:03:40

Can I claim to be the first Lake Garda fan on this thread, because there will be many.

We have been there twice and stayed in a different resort each time. You can explore round the lake using the ferries very easily.

Smerlin Tue 25-Mar-14 20:16:01

Thanks for the tips everyone- we are at a stalemate at the moment due to a separate house buying nightmare which we need to resolve before booking! bunbaker is Garda ok to negotiate with a buggy rather than a sling?

Bunbaker Tue 25-Mar-14 20:56:18

The bottom end of the lake is flat sp walking around with a buggy would be easier. Also, it is a much shorter transfer from Verona.

If you stay in Garda there is a paved track that runs to Lazise via Bardolino and Cisano. It is used by loads of walkers and cyclists and is traffic free. You could walk to Bardolino say and get the ferry back.

The northern towns are hilly. I only visited Malcesine and wouldn't want to struggle with a buggy there.

angelcake20 Thu 27-Mar-14 13:11:31

We had a fabulous holiday in Garda when DD was 11 months. No problems with taking a buggy everywhere that I recall. Our accommodation was about 30 mins walk from town and I would recommend being a bit closer as DS was rising 3 and that was too much hard pushing or slow walking uphill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now