Airport transfers - Tenerife

(5 Posts)
morleylass Sun 16-Mar-14 22:10:20

Hi,
We're going to Tenerife in April and this is the first time ever that we have booked the flight and hotel ourselves rather than get a package holiday so we need to get from the airport to Playa de las Americas.

What's the best way of doing this, should we pre-book transfers with a company such as resorthoppa, or just get a taxi when we get there?

Really appreciate any advice,

Thanks
Morleylass

magimedi Sun 16-Mar-14 22:41:21

Pre book a taxi transfer.

We used resort hoppa last year and on the inbound journey it was great, but coming back we spent 2 hours on the bloody bus (for a direct journey of 30 mins) as they go all round the houses picking everyone up.

Playa de las Americas is not far at all - trip advisor forum has lots of recommendations for pre bookable taxis.

Have a GREAT HOLIDAY!

morleylass Sun 16-Mar-14 23:07:37

Thanks magimedi, I'll look into that : )

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Mon 17-Mar-14 15:52:49

Depending on how much luggage/DCs etc you have, but there's a bus stop right outside the airport. Have a look at www.titsa.com for timetables etc.

If you're not weighed down with DCs/luggage and know where you're going in Las Americas, might be the easiest/cheapest option

princessalbert Tue 18-Mar-14 10:54:13

I would just pick up a taxi from outside the airport.

We have done it all ways - coach transfer, hire car, pre-booked taxi and taxi from the rank.

PDLA is not far from the airport - I can't remember the price now- but I doubt it would be more than about 20 Euros each way? Check out Trip Advisor forums for more up to date information.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now