Centre parcs in Netherlands ( Europe)

(12 Posts)
IWishICouldThinkOfAFabName Sat 15-Mar-14 10:28:47

I am looking at centre parcs Europe ( Netherlands) as hear they work out cheaper in UK school hols. There are some old threads that I have read through. Has anyone been recently?
Dc will be 7, 10 and 14. So need something's for older children and DH likes to get off site and see things.
We usually holiday in France so happy with Eurotunnel and long drives. Just need advice on the actual parcs. Thank you

PortofinoRevisited Sun 16-Mar-14 08:55:54

I have been to Eperheide, but it was quite a long time ago. We are booked for De Kempervennen for a midweek at Easter. Tripadvisor reviews are quite good. Looks like there is loads to do, including a snow dome - and great area for cycling.

invicta Sun 16-Mar-14 08:58:12

We've been to dEmhof twice, and really enjoyed it. Both times we have driven.

Another alternative is Duinrell near Asterdam. It's got a small theme park next to it which you have free access to.

energyfirst Sun 16-Mar-14 11:02:29

anybidy who cz an comment on weather un Holland vs France in Easter perjod? I nearly booked dutvh.parj but now consideting France as might be warmer there?

energyfirst The weather in Holland or Northern France is not going to be very much different to the UK. Look at a map. The far south of France may be warmer but not hot summer weather.

PortofinoRevisited Sun 16-Mar-14 19:11:13

2 years ago - Limburg Province in the Netherlands was the warmest place in the whole of Europe at Easter. Warmer than Spain even. Easter is too early to guarantee the weather nearly anywhere. Go where there is lots to do - or fly to Northern Africa or the Canary Islands if you want guaranteed sunshine.

PortofinoRevisited Sun 16-Mar-14 19:13:53

I have also been to Budapest and Granada in southern Spain at Easter in the past. The weather was about the same in both places - reasonably warm in the day time and sunny. I also went to Southern Poland once and Germany where it snowed.

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sun 16-Mar-14 19:18:14

We were in Aachen last Easter and it snowed. Last summer we went to Erpeheide which we enjoyed but I've read Kempervennen is better for older children so that's the plan for the summer.

PortofinoRevisited Sun 16-Mar-14 19:19:16

Even in Southern Spain we are talking warm enough to have lunch on a terrace - not swimming pool kind of stuff.

PortofinoRevisited Sun 16-Mar-14 19:21:29

I will be sure to do a comprehensive review of De Kempervennen.

WynkenBlynkenandNod Mon 17-Mar-14 18:37:18

Thank you Porto. We seem to be following you round Landal and Centre Parcs !!

IWishICouldThinkOfAFabName Thu 20-Mar-14 18:42:06

Thanks Portofino. Look forward to your review.
Am about to start new thread on European mobile home providers in France and Italy as again they seem to work out cheaper for some weeks than Thomson al fresco and canvas holidays. But want to know if anyone has used them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now