Marrakech with 3, 6 & 8 year olds: advice please!

(8 Posts)
Fillybuster Fri 14-Mar-14 11:53:50

We've got a late half term (first week in June) so I'd love to take advantage of slightly cheaper prices to take the family away.

I went to Morocco with dh when he was my new dp about 15 years ago and completely fell in love with Marrakech. I'd love to take the children for a week: can anyone recommend a good hotel or riad either in the town itself or very close by? My preferene would be to stay in the city if possible.

Ideally, I'd like to find somewhere with interconnecting or side-by-side rooms (I do not fancy having 3 dcs in with us for a week!) and ideally with a swimming pool as well.

Thanks smile

TwentyFourteen Fri 14-Mar-14 16:54:00

we're going in April!! smile can't recommend any hotel in particular as haven't been yet, but have a look on alpharooms they had the best rates in comparison to other hotel booking sites! HTH's

Fillybuster Mon 17-Mar-14 16:24:15

Thanks for the tip: alpharooms has good prices but won't let me search for 2 rooms, with us in one and kids in the other...hey ho, will keep looking smile Enjoy your trip!

bettykt Thu 20-Mar-14 13:51:15

Watching with interest as I'm off to Marrakech with young children this summer.

We stayed here with our four kids ( 5,7, 10 and 11) during October half term.
The locations and staff were fantastic. I suffered with a bit of a bad back afterward sleeping on their beds but I was the only one.
It was great for the kids as there were lots of places to go and run around.

Bugger- forgot link.
We stayed here

Lighthousekeeping Sat 22-Mar-14 21:04:53

There are lots of big chain hotels outside the medina. We stayed at the Rui there you have the best of both worlds.

Fillybuster Mon 24-Mar-14 13:34:22

Thanks....will investigate for future reference. Sadly, dh has ruled out Morocco in June on the entirely fair grounds that we don't have enough A/L for this year sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now