Apartments in Berlin

(7 Posts)
DawnOfTheDee Fri 14-Mar-14 10:15:53

Me and a few friends are thinking of going to Berlin for a long weekend (there'll probably be 4 or 5 of us).

Does anyone have any recommendations for apartments?

Also which area of Berlin is best to stay in? We'd like to be close to the centre I guess but i've heard public transport is very good over there?

Any advice/recommendations appreciated!

DawnOfTheDee Fri 14-Mar-14 19:53:10

..bump for the evening crowd..

Suttonmum1 Sat 15-Mar-14 16:29:54

We stayed Adina apartment hotel checkpoint charlie, there are several other central ones. Good location, not cheap but good accomodation and could walk to lots. very quiet too.

Chewbecca Sat 15-Mar-14 17:47:59

We stayed at Louisa's Place & really liked it. Not sure where is the best location but we were very close to the U station & used that daiy.

DawnOfTheDee Mon 17-Mar-14 18:31:48

Thank you - will check them out x

Janek Tue 18-Mar-14 13:04:39

We have been twice, as a family. The first time we stayed at the a and o hotel in friedrichshain, the second we rented an apartment on guenzelstrasse right by the u-bahn. The hotel was very good, and very cheap (it has hostel rooms too, but we stayed in a family hotel room), but we liked having an apartment. However, Friedrichshain was a much better area to be in - more bohemian, more cafes, more nice independent shops. If we went again we would look for an apartment in that area.

And you are correct, the public transport is great, and there's an ipad app which tells you the quickest route, depending on which lines are running/stations are open/work is being done, so it doesn't really matter where you stay as you'll be able to get to where you want to go anyway.

We got our apartment through booking.com.

Allinafankle Sat 22-Mar-14 20:18:13

We've stayed at the Adagio apartments (part of the Accor chain) which are just off the Ku'damm so ideal for the western half of the city. But again, location doesn't really matter as the public transport is cheap and fantastic. Oh, would recommend the apartments too! Can usually get cashback through Quidco.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now