Mark Warner resort recommendation

(10 Posts)
willow Thu 01-May-14 07:22:02

Neilson's teens' clubs go up to 17.

TheLateMrsLizCromwell Tue 29-Apr-14 18:19:04

Interested in this as looking for somewhere to go with DS 14 where there is a teen club. We did Perdepera last year, and the teen club was brilliant, but was thinking of trying somewhere else. Looked at neilson, but no teen clubs. Are there any similar? Have also noticed on the MW website that several seem to be half-board, so presume you buy a snack at lunchtime as they all seem to be away from towns and villages.? I do like MW lunches....

HettyD Thu 17-Apr-14 22:42:36

Have to also recommend lakitira, been twice and would go tomorrow if could!!

fiorentina Thu 13-Mar-14 18:57:09

Thanks that's helpful and sounds like one to avoid at the moment.

lapsedorienteerer Thu 13-Mar-14 15:18:37

Went to Sardinia last year, it was my first MW experience and I was frankly rather underwhelmed (with MW, not Sardinia). We got a good deal so can't complain and DS (nearly 11) thought it was the best holiday he'd ever had.

As you mention it's a long transfer with no stops and not a good time of day (tea time) for little ones. You'd need to be well supplied with snacks for the journey. Perdepera (hotel) is completely isolated, there is the odd very distant beach bar but that's it if you want a change of scene. I love isolation but at the same time it would be nice to be able to experience a little local culture. I did cycle to the local small town but it could hardly be described as exciting or attractive.

On a practical basis the beach would be a big turn off for me with young children. It slopes very, very steeply into the water so not conducive to pottering around in the waves. Within 1 metre of the shore an adult is well over waist deep. The rooms were a decent size, clean but basic. The food was excellent.

I would consider another MW holiday for the sake of DS but I wouldn't return to Perdepera (though would like to go elsewhere in Sardinia).

fiorentina Tue 11-Mar-14 20:28:49

Yes we really like Turkey. A huge village so lots of choice of restaurants and things to do in the evening as it's shared with a village of apartments. Good food and all inclusive. We'd like something similar, doesn't have to be all inclusive though. Sounds good.

Creamycoolerwithcream Tue 11-Mar-14 16:17:57

No not really modern, but set out like village. The beach is big, I enjoyed the watersports and the DC settled well into their clubs so I couldn't have asked for more.
Was the Turkish one good?

fiorentina Tue 11-Mar-14 16:08:22

Thanks. I thought that looked nice. Is it all very modern?

Creamycoolerwithcream Tue 11-Mar-14 11:54:14

I really enjoyed Lakitira.

fiorentina Mon 10-Mar-14 14:25:31

We've been on a couple of MW holidays before and have a voucher to use this year, hence wanting to book another. We've been to Turkey and Lemnos, any recommendations on the other resorts please. We have a 6 month old & a 3 year old. I was slightly put off by the transfer time for Sardinia but any recommendations very gratefully received. Keen to book before I start a new job soon!

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now