Recommendations for majorca hotel?

(7 Posts)
ali23 Tue 25-Feb-14 23:35:11

Hi there, looking for anyone who can recommend a good family hotel in majorca? Looking for pool, kids club, beach that would appeal to kids aged 7 and almost 4 as well as a 6-month old. Thanks!

loopsngeorge Wed 26-Feb-14 21:58:36

It's not at all glamorous but we loved the Son Baulo on the outskirts of Ca'n Picafort. You step out of a side gate onto a lovely beach and it's in a fairly quiet residential area but there is a promenade all the way into the resort centre. There are Thomson kids clubs and they still have a toddlers soft play area from the days when it was a full blown Superfamily hotel.
I love Puerto Pollensa but this hotel was much better value for money and the prices in the supermarkets were literally half the price of PP.
There are mixed reviews for the Son Baulo on tripadvisor but I thought it was great and would go there again.

If you're looking for more like 5 star accommodation I've heard that the new Insotel in Cala Mandia is very good.

LittleBonnie Wed 26-Feb-14 21:59:33

Hi, we went to an absolutely wonderful family hotel from the Thomson brochure, called the Protour aparthotel Bonaire in Cala Bona. I would recommend it to anyone with a young family without hesitation. The rooms are fresh and modern and all have air con. They also all have kitchenette and seating area so you have the option to self cater if you don't want to do all-inc. Easy walk to sea, harbour and small selection of shops and restaurants in a safe, unrowdy resort. You can walk to a much larger resort called Cala Millor within 30 mins if you want a wider selection of shops/restaurants and a bigger beach.
The hotel has entertainment in the evening, a kids club running throughout the day (which kids can just drop in and do activities for a short while, don't have to be left there all day long) and 2 lovely pools - one a winding river style large pool and a shallow kids pool with pirate ship and slides

clio51 Wed 26-Feb-14 22:27:12

Cala bona/cala millor is nice, but it's about an hour or so from airport. So if your little ones are not good at travel stick to somewhere closer on the airport side of Majorca

Mum2Fergus Thu 27-Feb-14 19:49:38

Bonaire in Cala Bona without a doubt...we've been 4 times now and will probably book again for Oct

Nocomet Fri 28-Feb-14 01:24:39

Bonaire is lovely, best pool.
Bit of a walk to the beach.

Calabona, Cala Millor seafront is brilliant for DCs as there aren't any cars. Lots of hire bikes. Lots of out door seating so you can have a drink while the DCs race about.

I

MissRainbowBrite Fri 28-Feb-14 12:56:29

Cala Millor is lovely, we stayed in the Hipotel Cala Millor Park which has been fully renovated in the last few years and is a fab hotel. About 100yds from the beach and about the same to the main shopping street.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now