Brittany in May?

(3 Posts)
Laquila Tue 25-Feb-14 21:16:30

It's a while since I've been to Brittany but were looking to go in mi-May with our 9 month old, probably in a gite or cottage but would be open to mobile home-type accommodation (we usually camp).

To be honest I haven't a clue where to start looking! I've just read the other thread about ferry vs tunnel, and can see the advantages of each.

Help! Whereabouts should we look to stay? I've been to St Malo and loved it round there, but I know it'll be busy and probably pricey. Does anyone have any brilliant secret recommendations for gorgeous places conveniently near the ferry terminals? hollow laugh

dreamingofsun Fri 28-Feb-14 19:13:21

carnac area is our favourite as weather warmest and towns/countryside/beaches lovely. campsites prob bit quiet then. owners direct or brittany ferries have gites

givemeaclue Sat 01-Mar-14 14:30:59

Been there twice in June and weather very mixed, similar to uk so make sure there is plenty indoor activities to do. Spent one of the weeks in a fleece and mac as it rained non stop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now