Looking for late April / early May shorthaul, baby will be 6 months old

(7 Posts)
Ruralninja Mon 17-Feb-14 17:07:43

Looking for a week long holiday for me, DH and dd who will be 6 months.
Ideally we would have sunshine, decent food, walks (in baby carrier). We are fit and adventurous (sounding like a lonely hearts ad now!) and reasonably organised. Has anyone done this successfully or have a favourite place to nominate? Cheers everyone!

sparrowcottage Mon 17-Feb-14 20:25:50

easy peasy check out Caserio del Mirador, tried and tested and proven formula, perfect for little babies and their exhausted parents. easy flight to alicante, easy drive, great food, plenty of mountains to climb and they provide carriers/buggies/blenders/ and lashings of vino. honestly its perfect. the secret is out.. oops.

www.mumsnet.com/reviews/travel/hotels-in-europe/10268-caserio-del-mirador

sofi0308 Mon 17-Feb-14 21:04:07

i can second that.. they do tiny babies very well at Caserio del Mirador. baby gyms and bouncy chairs and changing mats all provided. pretty time of year to be there too. makes me feel quite broody thinking about it!

EagleRay Mon 17-Feb-14 21:15:49

Hi - we went to Turkey when DD was 9mo - flew into Antalya then drove to Cirali. It's a small, very low-key resort with lots of independent guest houses virtually on the beach. It's right on the Lycean Way, so plenty of opportunities for walking. Food and accommodation v cheap, and flights were cheap too. We took a car seat, lightweight buggy and sling for DD and spent days either on the beach (very quiet) or walking/sightseeing.

Caserio Del Mirador looks lovely, but we are obviously cheapskates as our budget is usually £30 a night! blush

capet Mon 17-Feb-14 21:48:00

What about martinhal in sagres, algarve? Not sure how hot/cold it would be in April though? But it's family friendly etc

SooticaTheWitchesCat Tue 18-Feb-14 10:11:22

Turkey is very baby friendly and the weather is lovely in May. We love the Bodrum Peninsula, but as EagleRay says Cirali is beautiful too.

Ruralninja Tue 18-Feb-14 16:29:04

oh wow that you so much for the Caseiro Del Mirador recommendation - it looks amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now