Istanbul - We would like to find a lovely family friendly hotel

(8 Posts)
SooticaTheWitchesCat Tue 18-Feb-14 10:09:09

I haven't been to the Black Sea but husband (who is Turkish) say the sea can be very dangerous there, strong currents and things, so bear that in mind for you children.

yay thanks.. no idea really about the beach bit.. we are split between med and black sea
boys are now old enough for us to be going to more interesting places so really looking forward to doing proper sightseeing!

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 17-Feb-14 11:22:19

Istanbul is a lovely city. I think you would be best to look for accomodation around Sultanahmet if you are going with children. There is so much to see there, The Blue Mosque, Haghia Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Dolmabahce Palace and the Grand Bazaar juyst for starters.

Food is amazing and very cheap if you avoid the obvious tourist places.

Where are you planning on going for the beach part?

sparrowcottage Mon 17-Feb-14 08:54:28

we are using airbnb, booked for xmas.

bumo

thanks stingaling.

we have two children who are 7 +10 (will be when we go)
would like it to be reasonably central so we can do a 2 center city then beach

stingaling Sun 16-Feb-14 20:52:37

I found Istanbul really family friendly but maybe not in the normal UK sense - places there didn't necessarily have all the baby paraphernalia (eg highchairs) but everyone seemed so friendly and accommodating to us and our toddler. we stayed in hotel levni and it suited us fine - not really geared around children but they had a travel cot and were friendly and not bothered by toddler running round. They had a Swimming pool too but it was freezing!

anyone who knows anywhere please share
also if you have any tips that would be ace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now