Sardinia in July or September?

(6 Posts)
rookiemater Sat 22-Feb-14 22:17:26

We went in September 4 years ago to La Chia Laguna resort. Our resort was scaling down around the time we were leaving - think it was 12th Sep and the choice of restaurants and bars seemed also to be scaling down.
Weather was pleasant, but definitely on the turn, sometimes it was too windy to sunbathe.
So yes to September, but I'd go towards the start of the month.

Bunbaker Fri 21-Feb-14 21:04:48

DD goes to state school and breaks up on 18th July, so you will hit the peak summer holiday season if you go then.

I would go in September.

sallysparrow157 Fri 21-Feb-14 21:00:04

According to the receptionist at the hotel I stayed at when I went, September is the best month to go, still lovely and warm but not as excessively hot as earlier in ther summer

SoldeInvierno Fri 21-Feb-14 20:57:58

School holidays in UK private schools start around 7th July this year, and in Scottish state schools, they probably start in early July as well. Therefore it would probably be cheaper to go in september. I have been in Sardinia mid october and still swam in the sea. It was lovely

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 16-Feb-14 19:36:01

Still nice in September. We've been at October half tent (have family there) and most tourist places are shut by then, but will certainly be open in early September.

cleoowen Sun 16-Feb-14 19:34:01

Ds young enough that we can go on holiday during term time to save costs . Thinking of going week before end of term (July 24Th) where we are in uk or second week of September. Which one is best?

Is the weather still nice in September? Will everything be shut by september? Or not open the week before the summer hols?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now