HELP Mallorca/PP experts! Late flight from Palma with 3 DC. Advice please!

(9 Posts)
Houseofmaidens Sun 16-Feb-14 06:56:31

We have to check out of our apartment at 10.00am but our fight isn't until 11pm. It is an independent apartment so unlikely to offer bag storage or late check out although I have emailed to ask.
Would we be best to stay in PP all day and try and find a bag store/day room? Or get a taxi to Palma and spend a day in the City (with bags?!) Or hire a car for a day (or even a week, cos we need to get a transfer on the way there too) then we have flexibility and can store bags in the car on the last day.
Maybe care hire for a week is cheaper than transfers plus day room cost (and any day trip travel)?...I can't seem to work it out
Thanks x

Any other tips on PP with kids greatly appreciated!

Budgiegirlbob Sun 16-Feb-14 10:48:35

If the management company of the apartment are local they may be willing to store your bags for you.

If not, I'd hire a car. You could have a nice day exploring before heading to the airport. Whether you hire it for the day or week depends in the price and how much you think you might use it during the week. We always hire a car in holiday as we like the freedom it gives us.

magentastardust Sun 16-Feb-14 11:42:50

When we have had late flights we would check out and head for a day in Palma -really big childrens park there not far from the walk along from the Cathedral and then we would spend the day at the Palma Aquarium. Not been for a couple of years but it was really well done and set out and the kids loved it.
We always had a hire car for our holiday though.

gymboywalton Sun 16-Feb-14 11:44:50

hire a car
much easier

rachyconks Sun 16-Feb-14 12:05:03

Definitely hire a car. There are so many hidden gems up that part of the island. It will obviously make your life a lot easier too. Spending the last day in Palma is a fab idea. It's a beautiful city.

Ruthiebabes Sun 16-Feb-14 20:43:14

Spend the day at Palma Aquarium.. It's fab.

emmameghan Tue 18-Feb-14 11:16:20

Hello, Laguna bar and restaurant have pool, sunbeds, and showers. Lots of people stay there for the day when departing late. They are fine with it as long as you buy food or drink. Lovely place just behind the I,ll a dor hotel on the pine walk. Or I am sure that multi hire will store your baggage securely they have a website so you can check it out. It is owned by British people not far from the centre of pp. Have a lovely holiday.

makemineapinot Wed 19-Feb-14 21:53:37

Laguna Bar is lovely - no hardship to use the pool and eat there!! Staff are great too!

McFox Wed 19-Feb-14 21:56:36

I agree, the staff at the Laguna are lovely and the food is too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now