Can i take an umbrella on ryanair?!?

(7 Posts)
Janek Fri 14-Feb-14 19:48:59

We're going to Dublin with just carry on luggage, i was planning taking an umbrella, but dp is scared to take his in case it's not allowed...

I poopooed his fear, until my aunt said exactly the same thing today. So now I'm wondering. Any experiences?

MuttonCadet Fri 14-Feb-14 19:50:37

Ryanair have relaxed it's rules, so you are okay with carry on a handbag, if you can fit your umberella in your handbag you're okay.

MuttonCadet Fri 14-Feb-14 19:50:59

carry on case AND a handbag (sorry)

Janek Sat 15-Feb-14 09:24:07

It will def fit in my bag, i was worried about the spikes...

Auntimatter Sat 15-Feb-14 09:36:44

Ryanair are Irish. It rains in Ireland. A lot.

So they should allow umbrellas! At least little fold-up ones, maybe not a massive golf umbrella with big spike (then again, lots of golf in Ireland too).

Seriously, check their website or call them.

Janek Sat 22-Feb-14 12:36:49

okay, just in case anyone's interested the answer is YES! At Birmingham it stayed in my (carry on) rucksack, in Dublin they were to be removed from bags. But there was no problem. And I didn't even need it, astonishingly.

Theas18 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:03:17

Another yes I did it!
Took a really cheap primark one to Spain. No problems.

Seethed a bit though on the restrictions re knitting needles as an umbrella wire would be a far better weapon...

Mind you I can't be the only one who looks at the prohibited list and just can't help imagining all the "allowed" ways to kill someone??

Small plastic crochet hook madam that's fine...yep but I know what ancient Egyptians did with their small hooked implements !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now