Please recommend me an all-inclusive hotel in the Canary Islands ...

(14 Posts)
MrsMcEnroe Thu 13-Feb-14 18:23:13

If you're interested in places to stay in Portugal, PM me and I'll dig out some websites for you. We've never done AI in Portugal but we do know some good, child-friendly places with lots of restaurants within a 5-minute walk!

Theonlyoneiknow Thu 13-Feb-14 16:54:46

PS - will check out your other recommendations. We can fly pretty cheaply from Edinburgh to Faro or Lisbon.

Theonlyoneiknow Thu 13-Feb-14 16:53:55

I looked at the Martinhal place and although expensive looks lush! What put me off was that it didn't include food! Didn't want to pay to eat out every night with DCs and them not eat it! At least with AI it's a bit easier!

Having said all that DP would like to blow our holiday budget on a ski trip although in fairness we both love our skiing and its our last chance before DS starts school to go outwith the school hols .....

Might need to see if I can save for a week at Magic Life in the Oct hols though!

MrsMcEnroe Thu 13-Feb-14 16:27:06

Ooh ooh and Playa Famara in Lanzarote is awesome for surf - try googling Famara Bungalows for accommodation .... Or do what we did and stay elsewhere on the island, and DH hires a car to drive to the surf!

MrsMcEnroe Thu 13-Feb-14 16:26:02

Ah thanks, you're all great grin. I'm going to have fun looking at all these suggestions later can't afford it but hey

theonlyoneiknow I can help with Portugal. We've surfed there loads, mainly Western Algarve and Alentejo. If you have little ones, and a large (!) budget, you need to go to www.martinhal.com - it is not cheap but you will have an amazing time!! Or I can recommend some good apartments in Burgau, or further north ...

Rosa Wed 12-Feb-14 21:36:20

barcelo Thalassa fuerteventura . On the beach near to shops for a wander . Bus/ taxi to shopping centre. Has childrens clubs , play areas ,pools and it was windy when we were there! If you book direct they often do discounts .

Frozenatchristmas Wed 12-Feb-14 21:33:33

We stayed at magic life last October. Wonderful beach.

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 12-Feb-14 20:28:40

Or here

www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/fuerteventura/jandia/hotels/hotel-club-jandia-princess.html

If your DP has the storm riders guide you can see where the spots are on the island

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 12-Feb-14 20:26:17
Theonlyoneiknow Wed 12-Feb-14 20:21:34

My DP is the same! criteria for our hols is to be near a surfing beach so we are looking at furteventura or Portugal. Have two ickle Dc to take into account too!

thepartysover Tue 11-Feb-14 10:38:16

We stayed at Sensatori Tenerife a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. It's a bus ride to Playa De Las Americas. Also quite like the look of Clubhotel Riu Gran Canaria in - surprise surprise - Gran Canaria.

MrsMcEnroe Tue 11-Feb-14 10:17:52

Aha, Fuerteventura is the only Canary Island we haven't been to, so will have a google, thank you!

yourlittlesecret Mon 10-Feb-14 17:45:04

Rui Oliva Beach in Fuertaventura is on the most spectacular surfing beach I have ever seen.
We stayed there with our two DSs a couple of years ago. It is not in the resort though.
Google "Flag beach corralejo"

MrsMcEnroe Sat 08-Feb-14 18:29:06

... that is within walking distance (or very short car journey) from a surfing beach!

We have stayed in Playa Blanca in Lanzarote, Los Gigantes in Tenerife (fab) and various other spots, but they were nowhere near the surf, and DH, bless him, needs something a bit more physically challenging than a week on a sun lounger by a pool.....

Must be all-inclusive, at least 4 stars, probably somewhere near Playa De Las Americas etc ......

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now