Crete vs Canaries? Endless dithering..please sort me out!

(5 Posts)
Houseofmaidens Sat 08-Feb-14 07:56:15

We are looking for the end of May and have finally narrowed it down to Crete or the Canaries - Family of 5 kids aged 7,6, and 2. Looking for warm pools, beach, stuff to do, playgrounds, bit of resort bustle, ideally pretty streets and harbour to wander round with some eating out options but not Brits on the Piss. Could go s/c or hotel, not really bothered, but suspect we will need hotel for pools and playgrounds. Can anyone recommend a resort? By the time we narrow it don I suspect all the family rooms for 5 will be gone...gah

MrsS28 Sat 08-Feb-14 08:13:38

We went to Crete in the first week of October and it absolutely buckeyes it down all week non-stop! There was nothing to do except congregate in reception and fight over the wi fi! Luckily we only had a five month old at the time, it would have been difficult to entertain older children.

Weather-wise, you would never get that in Tenerife. So if the weather is important, I'd be swayed by that!

wannabestressfree Sat 08-Feb-14 08:43:21

Canaries all the way

fussychica Wed 12-Feb-14 18:03:16

Canaries for me too - especially Lanzarote. We went to Crete last May - I was disappointed with the place and the weather (very mixed). Some wonderful villas with pools and beachfront hotels in Lanzarote and the weather should be fab.

makemineapinot Wed 12-Feb-14 23:08:46

I love Crete and am going again this year - prefer it to Canaries 100% but at end of May I'd go to the Canaries fir the guaranteed sun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now