Med beach holiday ideas with 6 month old?

(8 Posts)
sparrowcottage Fri 14-Feb-14 09:33:49

by facilities do you mean child care or just baby gear? any babyfriendly bolthole will have the gear, and many are 5star, and personally i think with a baby its nicer to go somewhere smaller friendlier better service, more personal, where you can get child care if you want it rather than kids club.. and only pay for it if you actually use it. plenty of suggestions on mumsnet hotels page and babyboltholes.

TimothyClaypoleLover Mon 10-Feb-14 09:08:27

Re the accommodation, some is better than others. For example the Lemnos accommodation is lovely because it is newer, we went 3 years ago when it was brand new. We have also been to the Anastasia in Halkidiki and that was quite basic in comparison and in need of an update.

Yes, you do have to pay for childcare for children under the age of 2, whereas older children's childcare is included in the price of the holiday.

We have also done Mark Warner and Sunsail holidays both with and without kids. The MW ones used to be unbeatable but I have noticed in the last few years that the level of service and what is included has dropped somewhat (they used to be more AI than some of the other activity/family orientated holidays).

givemeaclue Mon 10-Feb-14 08:23:16

Also childcare for babies was an extra cost when we went

specialsubject Sun 09-Feb-14 21:26:37

be aware with Neilson (who are generally great) that you are paying for the activities etc, so the rooms will be clean and comfy but not five star. Read details carefully - for instance, their Sivota resort is beautiful but useless for sailing as no wind and has LOTS of steps!

they are now offering all inclusive in some resorts. Child care is excellent.

Bunnymummy82 Sat 08-Feb-14 16:42:36

Brill thanks v much never heard of neilson but will look them up!

givemeaclue Sat 08-Feb-14 15:06:51

Agree the neilsons Lemnos is brilliant for babies. Accommodation is not five star and neither is the beach but it is a genuinely relaxing holiday for parents

TimothyClaypoleLover Fri 07-Feb-14 16:55:43

I went to Lemnos in Greece with Nielson (Porto Myrina Palace) when DD was one. It is not all inclusive, full board for 4 nights and half board for 2 nights each week. All the staff from restaurant staff to beach staff were fantastic with the kids. There is a creche for babies if you want some time off - we did not use this but had a look round it and it was lovely and the staff very attentive. It was my DD's first birthday while we were away and all the restaurant staff sang to her and generally made a fuss of her and all the kids while we were there. I would definitely go back, we had a really lovely first holiday away as a family.

Bunnymummy82 Fri 07-Feb-14 16:49:03

First baby and first holiday with her; want some sunshine before I go back to work! Any recommendations or ideas for hotels/resorts on the med in May/June ish? Want 5* all inclusive type places i think as assume they will have better facilities for babies. Budget around £1000 per person for a week/10 days. Thanks so much for any advice or ideas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now